Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS - Aprilia RSVR Gen 2 Engine 2006 19000 Miles
scootz

posted on 23/10/17 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
FS - Aprilia RSVR Gen 2 Engine 2006 19000 Miles

Selling on behalf of a friend.

He's an engineer - knows his stuff, and only picks the best for his projects. This engine was destined for a custom bike, but he ended up going down a different route and built a thing of beauty powered by a BMW Boxer lump.

He stripped the bike - listened to the engine running - and checked it over. The bike had 19000 miles.

I know V-twins aren't particularly common on the BEC scene (there are some out there though), but the Aprilia / Rotax 990 truly is an awesome engine. Dry-sumped as standard, and a torque curve that is outstanding. Don't be put off by the torque numbers - these things make most of their power down low... and it just keeps coming!

Would be absolutely awesome in a Rage style buggy. Oh, and the noise!!! I had a Gen 2 RSVR bike with an Arrows race exhaust system, and it made a sound like nothing else out there. It was replaced by a Ducati 1098S with a Termignoni full-race exhaust system - it sounded awesome too, but still wasn't a patch on the RSVR noise.

Current prices start around £400 for 30,000 mile 17 year old Gen 1 engine. Gen 2's are making £450 all the way up to a Grand.

This is one of the later engines - 2006. He needs rid, so £500 collected, or I can arrange to meet at a reasonable distance for now't (I live near Edinburgh), or I can put it on a pallet for you and send it for £60.

If you want to buy a good one, then this is it.

Can get pics if required.

It's Evolution Baby!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 23/10/17 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
What comes with it? Electrics? Airbox? Exhajst etc etc?

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scootz

posted on 24/10/17 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just the bare engine Derek.

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 16/1/20 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Keep forgetting I have this sat in my garage - still available!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.