Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can anyone recommend a dash cam ?
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 28/10/17 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone recommend a dash cam ?

As per title can anyone recommend a dash cam ideally very compact and best size hd card to fit (how much footage before it overrides ) cheers Ian
theconrodkid

posted on 28/10/17 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.techmoan.com/

he does lots of unpaid reviews on dashcams amongst other things on you tube

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

loggyboy

posted on 28/10/17 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Budget?

Mistral Motorsport

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 28/10/17 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
I Don’t want to spend much
furryeggs

posted on 28/10/17 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
about £30... they do a full 4k version for £50

Crosstour Action Camera Waterproof Wifi Full HD 1080P 2” LCD Screen 98ft Underwater 170° Wide-angle Sports Camera with 2 Rechargeable 1050mAh Batteries and Mounting Accessory Kits.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073WWSYJK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_uem9zbYTNKZNS

rayward

posted on 28/10/17 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
i've got a nextbase 112 , only 720p but works pretty well , theyre about £45 now i think

Ray

craigdiver

posted on 28/10/17 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Another thumbs up for nextbase 112, my advice is get a dash cam and not a sports camera. The dash cam will record in a loop and automatically save and lock footage after an impact. (And has the option to automatically come out of sleep and record in the event it feels an impact whilst parked)

If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

loggyboy

posted on 28/10/17 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
These are always well reviewed online and at your budget
https://m.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html?wid=81&currency=GBP&vip=760164&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1dDPBRC_ARIsAJZrQfpeaXD0WmVvrv6UsUtli1YoBTWQQm6 ZnCN4EpFNITjp69c8np1eXPwaAtpfEALw_wcB

I had one but wanted dual camera so updated to a blacksys cf100, but got frustrated by its lack of settings (recording length, sensitivity etc) so im still looking for another good dual lens.

Mistral Motorsport

joneh

posted on 28/10/17 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Nextbase 302g. It had to go back twice for new batteries (built in) and it failed to record correctly in two accidents (not my fault - that Jeep was a car magnet). Sent it back to Amazon after 18 months and got a full refund.

Wouldn't have another Nextbase and would want one with replaceable batteries.

ianhurley20

posted on 29/10/17 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I have 3 nextbase 302G dash cams, one in each of our cars, they have been really useful and having the GPS speed and mapping facility on playback give a really good view of what happened. All of mine have been 2nd hand or ebay re manufactured so all have cost about £30. Picture quality is very good and allows offending cars number plates to be read with ease (guess how I know that!)

joneh

posted on 29/10/17 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
I have 3 nextbase 302G dash cams, one in each of our cars, they have been really useful and having the GPS speed and mapping facility on playback give a really good view of what happened. All of mine have been 2nd hand or ebay re manufactured so all have cost about £30. Picture quality is very good and allows offending cars number plates to be read with ease (guess how I know that!)

I bet all of these are battery replacements! Picture quality is very good though.

ianhurley20

posted on 29/10/17 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20

I bet all of these are battery replacements! Picture quality is very good though.

Two may well be but one wasn't as it was someones new present that they hadn't got a use for, the oldest one is nearly two years old and no battery issues. It is set up to come on with the ignition and to go off 2 minutes afterwards. We would not be without them and I wish I had had one when someone forced me off the road through their own bad driving and didn't stop. I agree with picture quality, it is excellent.

jossey

posted on 29/10/17 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I use this one.

mine

Great item. And has speed and location. Used for 2 incidents I had for police.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 29/10/17 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
In around a month Xiaomi are releasing a dashcam for around £30-40, spec looks good and Xiaomi stuff is usually excellent quality.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.