Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is anyone using an electric line lock / roll control system?
TimC

posted on 11/11/17 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Is anyone using an electric line lock / roll control system?

Quite simply, does the solenoid make a noise when energised?

Mine doesn’t and this worries me.

scootz

posted on 12/11/17 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've been looking at the Hurst one with the thought of using it as a handbrake for the very few hill-starts that I'll be doing.

Clearly not what it's designed for, and it's not a road legal handbrake, but it would make for a really neat install.

It's Evolution Baby!

TimC

posted on 12/11/17 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I've been looking at the Hurst one with the thought of using it as a handbrake for the very few hill-starts that I'll be doing.

Clearly not what it's designed for, and it's not a road legal handbrake, but it would make for a really neat install.

Yes that’s what I’ve installed - in theory for slightly sloping grid starts. I just wish that I knew it was working. Obviously I’ll find out when I fill the brake system but it would be nice to know that all is okay now.

scootz

posted on 12/11/17 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
They're common in the States, and considered to be fairly robust bits of kit.

It's Evolution Baby!

Oddified

posted on 12/11/17 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have the Hurst one fitted on my Kitten for a line lock doing drag racing. I have it connected up so- apply brakes in burn out area, press push button, release brakes but front remains locked, spin up/smoke, release button unlocks front and roll/power out of burn out to line.

Works very very well. There's no audible click on operation that i've ever heard.

Ian

[Edited on 12/11/17 by Oddified]

Kdempsie

posted on 13/11/17 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
It's usually possible to check if the solenoid is work (electrically at least) by energising it off and on holding a small screwdriver at the top of it, you will feel the screw driver pulled towards it at the coil is switched on.
scootz

posted on 13/11/17 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Yes that’s what I’ve installed - in theory for slightly sloping grid starts. I just wish that I knew it was working. Obviously I’ll find out when I fill the brake system but it would be nice to know that all is okay now.

Did you get the 'on' LED with your kit... I know it's not a fail-safe, but handy nonetheless.

It's Evolution Baby!

TimC

posted on 13/11/17 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
I’ve checked continuity and can see a change in resistance when on so I guess all is well.

Thanks, as ever, for the input.

TC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.