Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: OBD2 Speedo
pekwah1

posted on 28/11/17 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
OBD2 Speedo

Hi guys,

So I’ve been thinking about speedos and wondered if anyone’s played around with wireless or Bluetooth OBD2 dongles and iPhone apps?
Been having a search for something that looks ok, found a couple but not sure....

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Andy

nick205

posted on 30/11/17 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Are you looking to replace an existing speedo in the car or for a back-up option?

If as a back-up I've got the free Digi HUD app on my Android phone that displays speed. As said it's free and seems to work well. Bear in mind it's not tied to the car itself - it works anywhere whenever you're moving. Might be worth a look on the AppStore - I'm sure there'll be similar free apps on there.

[Edited on 30/11/17 by nick205]

loggyboy

posted on 30/11/17 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
I use a cheap ELM327 BT OBD2 module in the Clio for data logging, about £3-4 on ebay. But buy a few as they tend to die after a couple of years. (although mine is plugged in 24/7, and on Clio its powered permanently, hence their early departure to silicone heaven.)
Use an app called race chrono to do display of info but also laptiming. Theres lots of apps out there, heard good things about Torque.

[Edited on 30-11-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.