Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: J30 R9 Hose supplier, or fuel stabiliser
r1_pete

posted on 20/12/17 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
J30 R9 Hose supplier, or fuel stabiliser

Yes the old fuel hos quandr again.....

I used the E Type for a few years on J30 R6, ok, it was on carbs, but I never had any cracked or squidgy hose problems.

When I went injection, Inreplaced all flexies with J30 R9, within months it was like sponge, suspect it was fake.

Replaced again with R9 from a local factor, this has now gone quite soft too, not as soft as the last lot but softer than I think is safe.

Does anyone have a genuine supplier of ‘real’ R9?? I’m sorely tempted to use the roll of gen R6 i have left.

Or, is there a decent fuel stabiliser which prevents the fuel break down?

Its strange oem hoses on my 88 944 have not perished, or the old vw hoses I bought for the end fittings....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 20/12/17 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have some stabiliser you can try Pete. Nearly 4 years on and hoses still OK.
r1_pete

posted on 20/12/17 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Dave.

Are you settled in the new home now??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 20/12/17 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just finished the extension. Obviously the first thing you do when you downsize is to extend
U2U me and I will let you have the new address.

TimC

posted on 21/12/17 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
I just had to replace a short piece of my fuel hose - I had to cut through a section to remove a part.

I’d previously used a reputable eBay supplier for R9 - and can’t say that I have an issue but then it only saw fuel for the first time three weeks ago.

However, for the new section, I bought https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/ethanol-proof-fuel-hose-8mm-516 and I am really impressed - makes a nice smooth bend etc.

r1_pete

posted on 4/1/18 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the responses

I’ve been in touch with the supplier, the hose is Cohline DIN 73379, which is R9 spec, and has an fkm liner material.

They compared a new peice of hose with mine, and it is a comparable texture, so looks like Im OK.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.