Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dash Cam
myke pocock

posted on 21/12/17 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Dash Cam

I realise that you only get what you pay for but about two years ago I bought a mini video camera off ebay for around the 40 pounds mark and it is brilliant. It got very good on line reviews. I have been thinking about a dash cam and the prices can be astronomic. However based on my previous experience why shouldn't this one be sufficient to be useful if required as back up evidence of a crash or incident?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H300-1080P-Car-Infrared-Camera-Video-Recorder-Dash-Cam-IR-Night-Vision/253093433779?hash=item3aed8b51b3:g:MXsAAOSwAItZkCO9

loggyboy

posted on 21/12/17 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I've had mixed results with cheap ones. Quite a few have given sporadic reliability and that's not something you want from a product that is effectively 'set and forget'. It needs to be 100% working when you really need to be. Cant imagine anything worse than reviewing footage you know would prove your innocence, or earn you a mint on YouTube income, only to find its not there or corrupted.

Mistral Motorsport

theconrodkid

posted on 21/12/17 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
HOW MUCH !!!
go to "tech moan" on you tube for the best reviews, that one does sound a bit too cheap and the seller,s feedback is a bit on the low side

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

loggyboy

posted on 21/12/17 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
A118C is well reviewed and one I have works well (although was in 2nd car so didnt get lots of use.)
https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_375217.html

My daily has a blacksys cf-100 which is dual lens, and superb quality, but has a frustrating lack of settings.

[Edited on 21-12-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

ReMan

posted on 21/12/17 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
At that price, good luck with ever receiving it.
I looks very similar to the one i paid about £40 for. th picture quality is good, but the operation is pants

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.