Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec oil cooler.
andyhaase1

posted on 29/12/17 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec oil cooler.

I’m building a MNR VORTX with a tuned duratec, hopefully I’ll have around 230ish bhp, and it’ll be a road legal track day car.
My question is, do I need an oil cooler? It’s got a wet raceline sump, and the old fiesta st150 oil filter mount heat exchanger thingy. Running this requires fitting pipes and teeing into the coolant circuit which is a pain. Alternatively, I can buy and fit an oil cooler. Is it worth going the oil cooler route, am I likely to see high oil temps on track without one? I’ve been looking at the thermostatic oil coolers, as I understand the oil can run too cool with a non thermostatic one. I have a coolex water radiator with the fan on the engine side, so an oil cooler would have to go on the front of my rad. Would a 16 row one be about right?
Andy.

neilp1

posted on 30/12/17 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
I've got one on mine as when it was hot the oil pressure dropped so fitted an oil cooler, but it turned out to be a bad earth. Is it required - not for me as I only drive it on the road. On the track maybe?
Description
Description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.