Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Setting up new clutch
Bigboystoys

posted on 22/1/18 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Setting up new clutch

Evening all, I have my new cover plate, friction plate and thrust bearing on the way for my rover v8/ r380 clutch change, question is I know I need to do some measurements and a set up but how and what exactly do you adjust/ measure, the only thing I can think of being adjustable is the clutch pushrod???
Many thanks Sam

Mr Whippy

posted on 23/1/18 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
I'd have thought the only measurements would be how much the pushrod sticks out of the bell housing, and subtract the depth of the hole in the slave cylinder and adjust the rod so there is a tiny bit of play when all bolted together, which you can feel when bolting on the slave cylinder, if there's any spring back the rod is too long.

Tbh most of my cars with hydraulic clutches have solid pushrods. Everything else kind of adjusts itself, the pistons rest position moving gradually down as the clutch wears, that's one of the benefits of a hydraulic clutch. Not much else you can adjust normally. I use to hate them but have been won over compared to cables.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bigboystoys

posted on 24/1/18 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for reply, I too was under the impression there isn't much to be adjusted except the length of pushrod and or cylinder throw, mine is also a solid pushrod. I'm going to bolt it all together and see what sort of gap I have on the release bearing against the fingers, luckily I have a hole in the bottom of the bell housing to look through

Thanks Sam

[Edited on 24/1/18 by Bigboystoys]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.