Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dax Rush options
emwmarine

posted on 8/2/18 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Dax Rush options

Just after a bit of advice.

Personal circumstances have changed and it looks like I might have to do something about the Rush i've been working on for the last 4 years.

The question is, should I sell it on ebay as an unfinished kit, or maybe put it in storage and then pay someone to finish it.

Some details, all the build packs - except screen as it will be aeroscreen - from Dax originally in 2003. I bought as barely started 4 years ago and it is the second Dax i've built. Since then I changed the engine mounts from an I4 engine to a Zetec. It has one of the new crate engines.

The engine and gearbox are installed. Bodywork installed. Fuel system installed. suspension, brakes and diff all installed.Dax loom installed. Dash (Dax) and instruments installed. It really only needs enthusiasm and time. Receipts for original order and parts, 100s of build photos and a sorn V5 for the donor sierra for registration. Top spec Image wheels and Hispec calipers front and rear (all installed).

It has a suzuki gsxr 1000 throttle body and injection system that has a DANST inlet manifold and DANST supplied ME221 CPU and loom that hasn't been connected yet.

I haven't taken a set of photos for ebay yet. It is yellow and black and I have a GRP and alloy bonnet.

It has the JK composite seats that haven't been installed. The only major thing to buy would be exhaust manifold to connect to the I4 original side stainless Dax silencer.

I was thinking of 5k. Is that realistic?? Just keen for thoughts before I brave the bay.

[Edited on 8/2/18 by emwmarine]

Building a Dax Rush.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 8/2/18 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you and the car located?

A location may help potential buyers.

emwmarine

posted on 8/2/18 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
In Essex.

Building a Dax Rush.

emwmarine

posted on 9/2/18 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
I guess nobody has any views on how easy it is to sell unfinished kits or whether to invest in finishing?

Building a Dax Rush.

mcerd1

posted on 9/2/18 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Haven't seen what any unfinished dax's have sold for in ages - but looking at the sold prices of unfinished kit on fleabay can be a bit depressing
Your price sounds like a bargain given whats included - but finding the right buyer could take a while and they are defiantly much much easier to sell on the road...

splitting it would likely get you more money back overall i you don't finish it yourself, maybe even just selling off some of the bigger items that a new owner of the car might change to there own taste anyway like engine, ECU, TB's, gearbox, wheels, seats etc... but it could make it a bit harder to sell the rest of the car of course

Still I'd always vote for store it and finish it later (mine is now over 10 years...)

[Edited on 9/2/2018 by mcerd1]

-

Shandylegs

posted on 9/2/18 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
See page 7 for a price comparison of a similar car.

Personally I have always had much more sucess in selling Kit related items on eBay / Pistonheads - you are reaching a much bigger audience.

Although pictures tell a thousand words, going on spec I don't think the price is unreasonable.

Sadly not the right time for me at the moment as you would have already had a PM!

[Edited on 9/2/18 by Shandylegs]

[Edited on 9/2/18 by Shandylegs]

Wes

posted on 11/2/18 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Sent you a pm matey
emwmarine

posted on 11/2/18 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Wes, photos sent.

Building a Dax Rush.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.