Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nose cone securing fixings
craigdiver

posted on 10/2/18 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
nose cone securing fixings

Will these be ok for IVA or am I better replacing them with a bolt with plastic dome cover?







If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Abarth 595
Classic Fiat 126 aircooled
Aprilia Mana 850
Kia Picanto

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 10/2/18 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think with IVA, if there is a doubt, change it. I would go with Dome head allens.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
craigdiver

posted on 11/2/18 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I think with IVA, if there is a doubt, change it. I would go with Dome head allens.


I do like the look of the machined cup washer / countersunk hex head but will take your advice and change it to dome hex - thanks





If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Abarth 595
Classic Fiat 126 aircooled
Aprilia Mana 850
Kia Picanto

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 11/2/18 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
I had dome head Allen bolts they passed ok
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 11/2/18 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
How big is the gap between headlight and that fixing going to be?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 11/2/18 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craigdiver
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I think with IVA, if there is a doubt, change it. I would go with Dome head allens.


I do like the look of the machined cup washer / countersunk hex head but will take your advice and change it to dome hex - thanks

Things tend to magically change after IVA

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
craigdiver

posted on 11/2/18 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
How big is the gap between headlight and that fixing going to be?


Probably a few inches - aaahh, probably won’t get his 100mm sphere to contact it - well done sir (hat doffed)





If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Abarth 595
Classic Fiat 126 aircooled
Aprilia Mana 850
Kia Picanto

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
craigdiver

posted on 11/2/18 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by craigdiver
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I think with IVA, if there is a doubt, change it. I would go with Dome head allens.


I do like the look of the machined cup washer / countersunk hex head but will take your advice and change it to dome hex - thanks

Things tend to magically change after IVA


Strange that :-)





If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Abarth 595
Classic Fiat 126 aircooled
Aprilia Mana 850
Kia Picanto

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 12/2/18 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Change them for dome cap heads for IVA.

Used dome cap heads on my MK Indy for visible external fixings and had no issues at all.


My boot cover secured with dome heads...

Rescued attachment P1060356.JPG
Rescued attachment P1060356.JPG


[Edited on 12/2/18 by nick205]

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 12/2/18 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craigdiver
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
How big is the gap between headlight and that fixing going to be?


Probably a few inches - aaahh, probably won’t get his 100mm sphere to contact it - well done sir (hat doffed)



View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.