Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calliper/Options For Sierra Front Hubs and Sierra Cosworth Rear Hubs
sammini7

posted on 12/3/18 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Calliper/Options For Sierra Front Hubs and Sierra Cosworth Rear Hubs

Hi,

What are my best options regarding calliper and disc choice for my build, my build has Sierra front hubs and Sierra Cosworth rear hubs. My car will be running in the region of 230bhp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

jps

posted on 12/3/18 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sammini7
Sierra Cosworth rear hubs

I'm using the same fronts and will just use refurbed Sierra calipers. I got mine with my chassis when I bought it - came with a pile of parts - but I assume they are similar to those available from Burton Power.

How do you tell the difference between 'normal' Sierra and Cosworth rears? I have a few rear hub carriers - they are not all the same but I have no idea which are which...

cosmicicecreamman

posted on 12/3/18 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
I have a set of M16 front callipers for solid discs with brand new Mintex 1144 pads, if they're of any interest to you send me a PM.
AntonUK

posted on 12/3/18 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Similarly I have a set of front Sierra calipers and discs available too

Build Photos Here

chris

posted on 13/3/18 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
i used to have 10" rear drums and front discs on my zero all from seirra and for the weight of the car they were plenty enough stopping power i have changed to rear discs now again from seirra the change was not for more braking power but a change of diff to bolt on driveshafts and LSD
for me braking performance and power are less of an issue on our cars its weight to braking performance as the seirra brakes are desinged to stop a much heavier car if you are intending to go racing then upgrading to better pads is a good idea
this is just my opinion and experience others will differ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.