Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mnr vortex R1 conversion cooling oil pipework
MnrvortexR1

posted on 17/3/18 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Mnr vortex R1 conversion cooling oil pipework

I don't know if anyone could help me but at the moment I'm building a MNR Vortex with an R1 engine that's been supplied with a separate radiator and oil cooler and I'm having difficulty piping every thing in due to the fact originally the R1 had an combined radiator/oil cooler. Ive got the billet and take off plate installed that pipes straight to the cooler but i cant work out where the pipe that comes from the oil pump on the fwd of the engine is to be located any ideas or photos would be grand TIA
TimC

posted on 17/3/18 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Cut off the smaller outlet seen here and get it welded up.

It’s pretty easy from there - 25mm I/D hoses top and bottom plus bleed pipes from thermostat and radiator.

I’m assuming it’s 5VY or 4C8 we are talking about.

MnrvortexR1

posted on 19/3/18 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate and also the existing oil cooler that's needing piped in any ideas ? Obviously we would be bypassing this in theory but I can't find any literature to support this
TimC

posted on 19/3/18 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
So, does your take-off plate go under the oil filter? My solution replaced the OEM oil-water cooler with the take-off plate.

This link should take you to an old blog post that explains: http://timsmnr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/yawnabore-r1.html

MnrvortexR1

posted on 3/4/18 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Right I see you have and adaptor plate where your original oil cooler was that's piped straight to your front mounted cooler, with the kit I purchased it was a sandwich plate that's located behind the oil filter (which didn't fit the engine so I had to purchase a smaller unit) but by piping this straight to the front mounted oil cooler I have a open end where my original oil cooler coolant inlet is situated, so I need to ask where do I pipe this in to as there is no need for coolant to reach this anymore due to the new unit do I just cap it off? TIA

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.