Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need to employ someone to finish fitting the replacement engine in my Radical! Recommendations needed please!
carpmart

posted on 20/3/18 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Need to employ someone to finish fitting the replacement engine in my Radical! Recommendations needed please!

Chaps, itís been a while!

I posted this thread nearly a year ago. http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=208855

Nothing has changed except I just need this finally fixing so I can sell it and get it out of the garage! Itís mid swap and abandoned and Iíve completely lost interest in this genre of Car now! Anyone know someone who could finish my work and get this thing sorted?

Thanks in advance





You only live once - make the most of it!


Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
swanny

posted on 20/3/18 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
you could try David Drew garages in Nottingham.

They are a regular garage, but they also do a lot of classics, and kits etc.

the family who own and run the garage also run a radical.

paul

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 20/3/18 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Not local to you but... http://www.banwellgarage.com






View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
SPYDER

posted on 20/3/18 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
You could try Tim Gray Motorsport in Notts.
Tim has been fettling and racing Radicals for years.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 21/3/18 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys!

Just to add a little more to this, Iíd like someone who could work at my place, the car is in many parts at present and the work needs to really happen at my location!

Any other ideas?





You only live once - make the most of it!


Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
JimSpencer

posted on 21/3/18 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Thanks for the replies guys!

Just to add a little more to this, Iíd like someone who could work at my place, the car is in many parts at present and the work needs to really happen at my location!

Any other ideas?



Yeah - but you won't like it..


.. I think you've gone from 'difficult' to 'nearly impossible'.

The number of people who could re-wire the engine in the car for you is small (I can add Daytuner in Harrogate) to the small list.

But somebody who would come to you, put it back together, then diagnose what's wanted - and if the looms been messed about with most folk would probably say 'start by buying a new bespoke one' is, to put it nicely going to be really short..

If you just want it gone and want to maximise your dosh I'd suggest this:-

Wip the engine out, sell it on it's own.

Put the car back together and sell it as a rolling chassis

You'll get more for the two bits (IMHO) than you would if the engine is fitted but doesn't run.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but it'd get it gone.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 22/3/18 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JimSpencer
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Thanks for the replies guys!

Just to add a little more to this, Iíd like someone who could work at my place, the car is in many parts at present and the work needs to really happen at my location!

Any other ideas?



Yeah - but you won't like it..


.. I think you've gone from 'difficult' to 'nearly impossible'.

The number of people who could re-wire the engine in the car for you is small (I can add Daytuner in Harrogate) to the small list.

But somebody who would come to you, put it back together, then diagnose what's wanted - and if the looms been messed about with most folk would probably say 'start by buying a new bespoke one' is, to put it nicely going to be really short..

If you just want it gone and want to maximise your dosh I'd suggest this:-

Wip the engine out, sell it on it's own.

Put the car back together and sell it as a rolling chassiso

You'll get more for the two bits (IMHO) than you would if the engine is fitted but doesn't run.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but it'd get it gone.



Thanks for your post. TBH, Iíve made it sound harder than I should have done. I have installed the replacement engine and I have not touched the replacement engine loom, cdi etc, just canít get the motor to fire, so I need someone who could help with that... the second job once fired, would be to plumb new motor loom to Radical dash! Again, because itís the same engine, should not be too difficult. TBH, I could finish off the tidying etc after that, just lost interest a little...





You only live once - make the most of it!


Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
swanny

posted on 23/3/18 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
i'd have a chat with a few of them, then just stick it on a trailer and go wherever seems best. it will give you lots more choice. and given where you are in this, you dont need any more hassle with it,
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
computid

posted on 25/3/18 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I did offer to come and take a look, and we texted on the 19th of June, but you never got back to me...





Bikes: Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, Tuned Yamaha YZF-R1

Cars: A Minari RSR (Road Sport Racing) 1.7 16V Fuel Injected racer, a 2012 BMW E92, a BMW E30 and a 2004 Vauhall Astra H 1.8 SRI.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 25/3/18 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid
I did offer to come and take a look, and we texted on the 19th of June, but you never got back to me...


Yes indeed, my apologies! Is the offer still open?





You only live once - make the most of it!


Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.