Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Micro switch on weber carb
Eviljohn

posted on 31/3/18 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Micro switch on weber carb

Hi all. Hope you're well. I have a question about the carb on my mk2 polo. I've switched from the stock carb to a weber 32 ibf, (it's an early polo so it is the correct one,) in the fitting instructions, it says to take the microswitch off the stock carb and fit it to the weber. As i didn't actually carry out the swap, that didn't get done. Apart from a slight flatspot which i am working on, car seems to run just fine. My question is, can anyone tell me what the micro switch is for? I can get hold of another if i need to, just wondering if i actually need it.
Thanks for stopping by and any xp you are able to drop.

r1_pete

posted on 31/3/18 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Its probably an anti run on valve. It cuts the fuel when the ignition is switched off.

Got a picture to be sure??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Eviljohn

posted on 31/3/18 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately, i don't have a picture of it. The stock carb was in a bad state. I don't seem to have any noticeable issues at this point with fuel run on. Is there anything else it could be so i can look out for symptoms?
scimjim

posted on 1/4/18 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
The run on valve totally cuts the idle circuit, so if it wasn’t fitted, it wouldn’t idle.
Eviljohn

posted on 1/4/18 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Does idle and i can adjust the idle so i'm guessin it isn't that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.