Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2008 Astra electrohydraulic PAS trouble.
owelly

posted on 27/4/18 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
2008 Astra electrohydraulic PAS trouble.

Sorry to be un-kit related but......
Neighbour has just spent a heap of cash having a new electric power steering pump fitted to his 2008 Astra H but it hasn't fixed his car. So he came knocking on my door.
A drive showed stiff steering with no self centering. Disconnecting the pumps earth lead made the steering a whole heap heavier so we know that's doing something. There's no obvious damage or leaks on the rack. The battery and alternator holds a healthy 13.9v. There's no undue noises.
Next step is to fit a new rack which looks to be an arse of a job! There's a choice of three different racks for his car which I've narrowed down to two for certain and of those two, I can deduce one to be the most likely going by the turns from lock to lock.

Question is..... Before he blows another heap of cash, is there a way to test the PAS ECU? Is there a torque sensor or a position sensor?
Is this a common fault on these cars?

Cheers folks.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.