Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Removing wires going into ECU? R1 5vy
number-1

posted on 2/5/18 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
Removing wires going into ECU? R1 5vy

Is there a simple way of removing wires that go into the ECU connector? Its on a Yamaha R1 loom. Just curious as there are a few wires not needed and i think it will look neater with them removed.

Any pics/vids etc would be of great use. Or the name of the pins of there is one?

Cheers

N1

daviep

posted on 2/5/18 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not familiar with the specific connector but normally there is locking tang which can be released by tiny screw driver or piece of mig wire by inserting above or below the pin from the front of the connector (opposite side to the wire entry).

Perhaps you can post a picture of the connector.

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

CosKev3

posted on 2/5/18 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
I think I would cut them off short inside the boot,making sure they can't short out
nick205

posted on 2/5/18 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
I'm not familiar with the specific connector but normally there is locking tang which can be released by tiny screw driver or piece of mig wire by inserting above or below the pin from the front of the connector (opposite side to the wire entry).

Perhaps you can post a picture of the connector.

Cheers
Davie

My thoughts too - I don't know the connector, but nearly all can have the crimped terminals removed as described.

number-1

posted on 2/5/18 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
This is the sort of connector im on about. This goes into the bike ECU. Ive removes some from normal looms such as headlights but they have all been normal terminals rather than round ones. I cant see a way to use a tool on the connector ive linked below

This is i think the connector pin....its a superseal feemale terminal so ive been told, but cant see a way of getting it out as from the front there is no gap and the rears are sealed

[Edited on 2/5/18 by number-1]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/5/18 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Simply push on the white bars on the connector, don't panic, they won't come away from the plug. Just push them away from the plug. This will release the pins, simply pull the wire that you don't want in the plug. When you've finished, push the white bar back into place.
Plug won't go into the ECU until the white locking bar is flush.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.