Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aim Strada MXS Dashboard & IVA
Paul_Arion

posted on 9/5/18 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Aim Strada MXS Dashboard & IVA

Hi

Has anyone been through IVA with the above unit at all? I can’t fit my dash behind the steering wheel (paddle shift / small wheel which would restrict viewing) so need to fit this in the centre of the dash area. The edges of the unit appear quite “sharp” however - so likely to fail the edge test outside of the exempt area and so I might need to recess the unit into the dashboard. However, all the mode buttons etc are on the side of the unit. Whilst I could use remote buttons with the Aim MXS if needs be, this is a quite expensive option to add so has anyone been through IVA with this dash and able to confirm if the edges will fail if surface mounted rather than recessed? Any suggestions?

Thanks

sdh2903

posted on 9/5/18 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I've iva'd one but it was behind the wheel in the exempt zone. I'd say the edges were too sharp in the middle of the dash. Could you not make/bodge some sort of edge trim that miraculously falls off on the way home?
Paul_Arion

posted on 9/5/18 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I m not sure I’d get away with anything that’d be simple enough to remove without marking etc, and that wouldn’t interfere with the buttons. Open to suggestions however.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.