Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Willwood Hydraulic Connections
Rosco

posted on 12/6/18 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Willwood Hydraulic Connections

I've bought some Willwood calipers to replace the Sierra units on my Fury but now understand the Willwood's require an imperial connection on account of being US sourced. My current flexibles are metric connecting to a flared pipe and metric connector.

What's the best solution; is it possible to get an adaptor or is it best to have new hoses made up with metric at one end and imperial at the other?

Thanks

peter030371

posted on 12/6/18 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Not much help but my kit came with Willwoods and they had adapters so they are available. Have you spoken to Rally Design?
russbost

posted on 12/6/18 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
The Willwoods have a 27 x 1/8 npt thread, you can get a male male adapter for them

See Here

but I assume your existing hoses are male ended so you would need to swap the existing ends for female 3/8 x 24 JIC to match the adapters, as long as you have about 20mm or so spare on the hose length (you would gain a bit back anyway as your female will be going on the outside of the caliper rather than going into it) then you can just get the ends changed (assuming they are proper flexies not OEM rubber things)

Drop Ollie an email at furoreproducts@hotmail.com he should be able to provide adapters & change the hose ends for you

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.