Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bucket Seat New Design
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 17/6/18 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Bucket Seat New Design

Hello.

What do you guys think about this new bucket seat design?

It is possible to bolt the seat underneath and on the sides, by means of an aluminium side plates set.

The base is flat and unlike other bucket seat designs, this design have both front and rear clean finished surfaces.
This will allow the seat to be used in other kind of cars, not only seven type cars, wile still look a complete and finished seat.

I've developed this design in two main widths, being one a standard 400mm and a larger one, with 450mm...

Also a variety of EPDM foam pad designs are possible, due to the use of a laser cut machine and cad design.

Hope you like them.

Thanks.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tims31

posted on 17/6/18 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, I like the look of those and would be interested but not sure they will fit the Fury as the mounting points I'm sure will not fit in the tight space available.

I would need to remove my current seats and measure which is a real pain on mine.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

bi22le

posted on 17/6/18 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
To build on what Tim is saying. The majority of JPSC designed cars are very narrow. A lot of GRP seat manufacturers have specific seats just for this chassis design as they are popular.

I don't think 400mm fits. So you may want to think about your ability to supply to that area of the kit car market.

As a product, they look nice. Some evidence of testing would give people confidence to buy in, as well as info for weight and cost.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

rodgling

posted on 17/6/18 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
They look nice (although personally I'm not a fan of the pad designs shown). It would be good to have a hole (or a variant with a hole) for 5/6 point harnesses.
samjc

posted on 17/6/18 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
What price are you looking at as I'm tempted for the 450mm version with side brackets. Just need to check I'll fit as I'm a big chap but car is quite wide.

Cheers
Sam

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 17/6/18 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hello.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Some more info:

Simple seats weight a little less then 4 Kg and complete with all side mounts attached, weights also a little less then 5 Kg.

It is possible to have a 5th hole for other seat belt options. There's a place on the seat to do it, as you can see in the photos from beneath...

The wider seat (with 450mm) will be available only mid July, as I need to make a new mold.

About prices, as requested:

Standard seat: £120 each
Wider seat: £140 each
Foam pads: £30 each set (usually 4 pieces)
Aluminium Side Mounts each set (4 pieces): raw aluminium finish - £40 - Powder coated black - £60

These are introductory prices. They will be revised soon.

Regards from Portugal.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/6/18 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
They look superb to me, priced just right &#128526;
PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/6/18 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I would get in touch with Sean at Mk Sports cars. I think he would be interested in these, I am sure he will have spotted your post&#128526;
Stevie_P

posted on 18/6/18 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Yes. Very interested in these at that price.

Steve

RussH

posted on 18/6/18 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think they look great.

Interested in how stiff they are?

Duratec Westfield

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 19/6/18 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Thank you, in fact, I was already in touch with MK about these.

If anyone is interested, feel free to get in touch, of course.

The seats are very sturdy and stiff, due to its double shell construction and design.
Also, the bolting points are very secure, since they are made from steel bar embedded in the GRP, in a very long "L" shaped piece, in order to have both holes at the same corner, in the same part.

Regards.

jps

posted on 19/6/18 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
How are they going to be shipped (and what would the cost to UK be for a pair of seats + mounts) or is the thought to have a UK distributor?
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 19/6/18 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hello.

There's no UK distributor, sorry.
The seats will be sent by carrier. Cost around 60GBP.
Transport price is the same for one or two seats, with or without side mount plates.

Though sometimes there's a small delay, not sure why to be honest, usually takes up to 3 or 4 working days to get there.

Regards.

samjc

posted on 21/6/18 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
When will you have dimensions for the 450mm seats as very interested in a pair with base bracket.
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 21/6/18 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hello.

The larger seats will have 50mm more then the standard.
You just add 50mm in all the width measurements...
As an example, were in the standard seat measures 320mm, this wider one will measure 370mm. Total width will be 450mm instead of 400mm as in the standard.

Thank you.

Regards.

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 23/6/18 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hello.

Just to let you know that these seats will maintain these introductory prices until the end of the actual stock.

The new batch will suffer a price increase never less then 30%.

Aluminium side mount plates and EPDM foam pads will not suffer any price changes for the moment.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact to secure your order at actual prices.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards.

[Edited on 23/6/18 by Ernesto Freitas]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/6/18 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
I think at your original price these seats look good, but if you looking at +30% on the price, + your postaged costs at £60 your going to have compete with other seat manufacturers in the UK, I think you may struggle at your revised price&#128553;
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 23/6/18 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.

I will try to keep prices down, of course. It's not my intention to overprice them. Just need to adjust to reality. If I can, will keep it as close as possible to the current price.

Anyway, prices for transport will be slightly lower, passing from 60GBP to 45GBP.
Price for transport is the same for one or two seats.

Also, I have a more standard seat at 90GBP.
This one is more rugged and simpler then the new model, but even so, is well built, stiff and also light weight.
Pictures bellow.

Thank you.

Regards.

Lee007

posted on 25/8/18 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I would be interested
I have a Tiger Super 6 so I would need slim ones
I can get a size match if you need one
How much all in post to Kent ??
With pads pls
Thanks

Haggi961

posted on 5/11/18 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ernesto Freitas
Hi.

I will try to keep prices down, of course. It's not my intention to overprice them. Just need to adjust to reality. If I can, will keep it as close as possible to the current price.

Anyway, prices for transport will be slightly lower, passing from 60GBP to 45GBP.
Price for transport is the same for one or two seats.

Also, I have a more standard seat at 90GBP.
This one is more rugged and simpler then the new model, but even so, is well built, stiff and also light weight.
Pictures bellow.

Thank you.

Regards.

I like the look of these. Do these come with 4 mounting holes on the base and if so what size are the nuts?

Paulh12

posted on 6/11/18 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Would they be the same price with the additional hole in the base for 5 point harness?
wonderfulweasel

posted on 23/11/18 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ernesto, I like the look of these, but don't think they'll fit in my Stylus. Have you any plans to create a narrower version that would fit JPSC cars?
alfas

posted on 2/12/18 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
you can“t blame ernesto that he is in portugal (hence higher shipping costs) and has, imo, made a brilliant job in designing a (sturdy) leightweight seat for a very competitive price.

there are plenty of kitcar enthusiasts living in france, belgium , netherlands, italy, spain, germany etc....and they always have to pay the "high" shipping costs from UK to their destination in case they need to order parts from the homeland of kitcars...the UK.

maybe shipping from portugal to above mentined EU countries is less expensive than to an island called UK...

also sometimes its better organizing the shipping from the buyer“s side....at least i have made the expirience in certain cases, where i could reduce the costs by 30% organizing the courier from my side.

see those nice seats and compare them to the usual rubbish which is sold even higher priced (ex-shipping).

if its always about cheap & cheaper this will finaly result in more and more european manufacturers closing their doors....and loosing their market-places to chinese rubbish

people“s mentality needs to change...you cannot ask quality for low-cost....both doesnt go togehter

[Edited on 2/12/18 by alfas]

scimjim

posted on 2/12/18 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
.........nobody has complained about shipping costs?

The point was that an increase of 30% on base prices would bring them into direct competition with other offerings.

You have just had a rant about a topic that didn't even exist

Going to measure up my car and I'll probably be in touch for payment details Ernesto.

RussH

posted on 1/1/19 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Is there potential to save on postage if we group together a delivery?

Duratec Westfield

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.