Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Proof Of Amateur Build
IAN51

posted on 17/6/18 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Proof Of Amateur Build

Hi i wad hoping that somebody on here may have had experience if IVAing a car already built by somebody else and lacking the reciepts to prove the car was an amateur build.

The guy i bought the car off started the build in 1999 and the requirement for photographs wasnt there it was a slow build when he realised that the car was going ti need to go through SVA he photographing the build but the car was already at a rolling chassis by this point and i have these photos.

Jump forward to this year and i purchased the car in a 98 % complete condition. I have had to do a few jobs to make the car iva compliant and im very close to the point where i need to submit my paperwork but im going to struggle to prove a amateur build where would this put me in terms of the test i have reciepts for the bits that i have done but they are minimal.

Anybody on here trod this path am i about to fall into a beaucratic nightmare any advice or experience that could be given would be appreciated

[Edited on 17/6/18 by IAN51]

jps

posted on 18/6/18 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
I am interested to see the replies you get - I also bought a 'part-built', although mine was pretty much just a bare chassis with the wishbones and hubs attached so it was easier to move about...

The typical response I have seen to other queries like this is somehting along the lines of "Microsoft Word will generate all the receipts you need..."

IAN51

posted on 19/6/18 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well i have started to fill out the paperwork today i shall send it off with what i have got and keep you posted as to what happens
Jordan

posted on 14/4/19 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, I'm looking into getting my car through iva, I don't have any photos because I bought it 90% done. Would I still be able to get it on the road? Even if I write a cover letter explaining the situation. Thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.