Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jump start pack
richwill

posted on 25/6/18 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Jump start pack

I am looking to buy a portable jump start pack and have seen the miniature ones that are available. Are they any good and does anyone have any recommendations.
nick205

posted on 25/6/18 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
No help really.

I've not used one myslef only jump started from one vehicle to another.

I've looked at them with interest before though so will be interested to see what feedback others might have on them.

[Edited on 25/6/18 by nick205]

Andi

posted on 25/6/18 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
I had one given to me for a birthday present a couple of years ago and looking at it I didnt think too much of it.
Until it got me out of a few scrapes. Worked a treat dont know if its good compared to any others but it does the job perfectly on completely flat batteries, even my nasty old diesel motor, kit car, scooter and the wifes run around (3 or 4 times) and I now keep it in her car boot lol.
The make is floureon. Slightly older version to this one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12000mAh-Jump-Starter-LED-600AMP-12V-USB-Battery-Car-Charger-Power-Bank-Booster/183271611840?epid=22016101610&hash=item 2aabd6ddc0:g:8coAAOSwdTZbIMjy

Andi

Smokey mow

posted on 26/6/18 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've got two of these.

https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/microstart-jump-starter/microstart-sport.html

I bought my first one up a couple of years ago and it's been faultless at jump starting my Impreza as the battery drain from the tracker means its completely flat after only 3 weeks. There's no effort starting; just clip it on and the car starts as normal with no effort and no prolonged cranking as if there's a fully charged battery attached. The blurb says it'll do something like 40 starts between charges although I tend to keep it topped up once used.

I was so impressed I bought a second one at Stoneliegh this year for one of the other cars, although the price I paid then was about £15-20 less than what the website currently shows.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.