Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hay-fever - Bleh!
David Jenkins

posted on 2/7/18 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hay-fever - Bleh!

Just been out for pleasant drive on randomly-selected Suffolk roads - not a lot of traffic - nice.

Now I am coughing, sneezing, and my eyes are watering!
Open-top cars and hay-fever aren't a good combination, especially when driving in the countryside...

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/7/18 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
dust mask...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 2/7/18 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
12 and 10 year old sons suffering with it at the moment - not fun!
David Jenkins

posted on 2/7/18 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is bad this year - I normally start it early, and finish early, sometime around the beginning of June. It's lingering this year due to the hot, dry conditions.

Dick

posted on 2/7/18 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Two of my sons get this so bad they can just about work some days, a female employee also suffers . This year all of them have gone to a local chemist and paid for the injection to stop it. All 3 have said they would have gone sooner if they had known about it earlier. It has changed there lives and they are hayfever free.
David Jenkins

posted on 2/7/18 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
What injection is that?

Dick

posted on 2/7/18 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I belive its called KANALOG

the pharmacy that done my sons are as follows they may be able to tell you someone local to you

Karsons pharmacy
69-71 City way
Eochester
Kent
MA1 2BA

PHONE NUMBER IS 01634 405700

Hope this helps

BenB

posted on 2/7/18 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
It's actually Kenalog. Tempting but it's far from mild stuff.
Intramuscular corticosteroid- good for allergy but bad for the rest of the body's systems. Weight gain, high blood pressure, weakens the immune system etc etc.
It's no miracle cure- I've got a couple of patients who have such bad hayfever they have to have it- this year one found it did precisely nothing (whereas it had worked previously).

I'd speak to your GP first- they can check whether you've tried everything else possible first. The chemist is likely to just be happy to take your ££££- they do, after all, have a vested interest....

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/7/18 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

Weight gain, high blood pressure, weakens the immune system etc etc.

Sounds very much like the symptoms of getting married and having kids...that knocks years off your life

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 3/7/18 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Intramuscular corticosteroid- good for allergy but bad for the rest of the body's systems. Weight gain, high blood pressure, weakens the immune system etc etc.
It's no miracle cure- I've got a couple of patients who have such bad hayfever they have to have it- this year one found it did precisely nothing (whereas it had worked previously).

I'd speak to your GP first- they can check whether you've tried everything else possible first. The chemist is likely to just be happy to take your ££££- they do, after all, have a vested interest....

I had heard a few bad things about Kenalog - not sure I need or want to go that way. It's only this year that's been bad, and I can cope until the rainy season returns.

nick205

posted on 4/7/18 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

Weight gain, high blood pressure, weakens the immune system etc etc.

Sounds very much like the symptoms of getting married and having kids...that knocks years off your life

Whilst having kids is a blessing there are indeed moments when it seems to speed up the aging process

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.