Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sleeving engine - recommendations?
Matt21

posted on 4/7/18 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Sleeving engine - recommendations?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend anywhere around Teesside/north Yorkshire etc that would be able to machine an S2000 block and press some sleeves in for me?

Yup... I managed to destroy an F20 engine... I just wish I knew how it happened!

I have Darton sleeves and Carillo pistons ready to fit in it, just need the machining done.

Tar!

(or.... any one have an F20 they want to sell? no gearbox or ancillaries required)

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

ALLAN 14

posted on 5/7/18 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Engine sleeving

Hi Matt.
You could try the following, Park Engineering Malton, Northeast Engines Services Darlington, Cleasby engine services or
Precision Engine Services, All in the Northeast.
All contact details on the net phone and get a quote then have a visit to see what they look like before you make up your mind,
The best thing is to ask for a written quote before you start so you know exactly what you are paying for.
Best of luck when you think you have got a couple to choose from you can post on here for feedback from previous customers.

Hope it all works out OK
ALLAN 14

Matt21

posted on 5/7/18 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Allan,

I'm awaiting a reply from Park.
North East engines have said they wont touch it as its an alloy block.
Cleasby want me to pop down which I will when I get back home in a few weeks.

I'll have a look for Precision too.

I was planning on using Amac at Northallerton, I went in and was told it would be around £350, I went off to mull it over and give him a call to see when I could drop it off, then he seemed to think he had told me £450, but also gave me some other prices which didn't tie up. I emailed asking for a final price just so it was in writing and he said £450 again, then added on the bottom of the email 'plus vat'! So it went from what I thought was £350 to £540! haha

If he cant get his prices right it leaves me wondering if he can get the job right?! (their reputation is out standing and a mate of mine used to work there, but I'll see what my options are first I think!)

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.