Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake problems...
Cluelesstom

posted on 9/7/18 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Brake problems...

Hello, just got round to fitting the master cylinder, first bench bled it and then bled at each wheel.
now i cant seem to get much at all on the pedal, ive also noticed that there are small air bubbles coming from the master up into the reservoir,
does this mean ive failed to bleed it correctly or is this master cylinder shagged?
TIA.

James24785

posted on 9/7/18 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
It took me over 2 litres of fluid to fully bleed my brakes the other week. A proper pain in the arse!

What method you using? I bought a gunson easibleed, and in the end had to go back to the one way valve and pedal pumping method

Cluelesstom

posted on 9/7/18 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
i was using a vacuum bleeder then resorted to doing it as you said just pumping and closing, when i put the pump on, it comes out pretty clear, with not alot of air if any.

ill give it a good go tomorrow again, are the bubbles concerning in the reservoir?

number-1

posted on 9/7/18 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I use the ezebleed and never has an issue. If you have concerns over the MC id replace it for the few quid they cost
Cluelesstom

posted on 10/7/18 at 05:42 AM Reply With Quote
I have replaced it :S
black fingernail
Contributor

Posts 144
Registered 2/7/09
Location devon

Photo Archive Go!
Building: finished? scratch built book locost with 1700 puma

posted on 10/7/18 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Did it make any difference?
On your calipers and drums or whatever, are they fitted with the bleed nipples at the top of the units?
My mate managed to fit his with the nipples at the bottom, it was a while until he sussed it.

Cluelesstom

posted on 10/7/18 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
the old previous master just started passing its seals and the pedal was just going all the way back but the brakes were decent before that, the nipples on the rear drums are on top same with the front calipers, I’m going to run a few litres through each wheel using that vacuum kit tomorrow and see if that works if not I’ll bench bleed it again...
Thanks for your help

Cluelesstom

posted on 14/7/18 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Someone wouldn’t happen to know the measurement between the mounting holes on a fiat 124 master?
Mr Whippy

posted on 16/7/18 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James24785
It took me over 2 litres of fluid to fully bleed my brakes the other week. A proper pain in the arse!

What method you using? I bought a gunson easibleed, and in the end had to go back to the one way valve and pedal pumping method

Not sure how you can be having issues with this, I use an easibleed regularly and it's quite fool proof even with modern ABS systems & was the only way I could bleed the Landy's brakes myself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.