Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa momentary power cut at high RPM
Perpetrator

posted on 10/7/18 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa momentary power cut at high RPM

As title, once warmed my hayabusa engine has a momentary power cut (feels luke a clutch kick) at high rpm, i actually thought this was a savage kind of characteristic of the engine at first coming on cam like some form of power band but the more it happens the more i think it just isnt right.

Seems to happen in every gear, around 7500 rpm ish and is 1/2 a second or so then power comes back in as if the clutch has been kicked...change gear and it happens again.

I put new plugs in before i even drove it as the previous owner said the engine needed a service.
Could it be plug gaps?

Coil packs? It has a power commander fitted also. All seems fine other than this.

Cheers for help,
Ash

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 11/7/18 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
Have you got anyone local with a rolling road that doesn't mind tuning BEC's?

If so a session on there will probably be the best bet

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 11/7/18 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Have you got anyone local with a rolling road that doesn't mind tuning BEC's?

If so a session on there will probably be the best bet


What he said. PDQ, Daytuner, TTS the ideal places.






View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Perpetrator

posted on 11/7/18 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure I could possibly find someone. I was hoping it would be a bit easier than having a full re-tune.

From what a mate of mine said he had read up on the issue it could be spark plug or coil pack related?

Could anyone recommend anyone who tunes BEC cars in the North west?

[Edited on 11/7/18 by Perpetrator]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
minitici

posted on 11/7/18 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Have you got any type of battery master switch? - These can be unreliable and start giving intermittent power breaks under vibration.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Perpetrator

posted on 11/7/18 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by minitici
Have you got any type of battery master switch? - These can be unreliable and start giving intermittent power breaks under vibration.


I do, ill check that, but funnily enough I was actually looking at that last night and it does look to be fitted securely and correctly, nevertheless I will give that a good check. Thanks for your suggestion.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
minitici

posted on 11/7/18 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Perpetrator
quote:
Originally posted by minitici
Have you got any type of battery master switch? - These can be unreliable and start giving intermittent power breaks under vibration.


I do, ill check that, but funnily enough I was actually looking at that last night and it does look to be fitted securely and correctly, nevertheless I will give that a good check. Thanks for your suggestion.


Yes - the contacts inside can get a bit iffy over time.
Some cheap knock-off copies of FIA battery master switches (sold by supposedly reputable motorsports dealers) don't even work when new!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.