Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rant time
Shooter63

posted on 12/7/18 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Rant time

This is something that absolutely hacks me off, at the moment I'm trying to buy some new wheel nuts, so as we do web surfing is the name of the game, I've got into the habit of contacting the company before ordering up just to make sure they have them, all the companies I've contacted who list the nuts in stock on their websites don't have any and don't know when they will get them, why the hell they don't change the website to list them as unavailable is beyond me.

Rant over

Shooter

Benzine

posted on 12/7/18 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like almost all shops on the high street too... "we haven't got one in, but we can get one in for you"
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 12/7/18 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
OK, that's just freaky... only yesterday I was thinking I need to hunt down my wheel nuts!! I appear to have six left from my donor, and trying to track down ten others of the same type is proving incredibly difficult.

No, I tell a lie, they're not incredibly difficult... if I want to spend £4.90 plus £2 P&P... each... for ratty ones off Ebay!!!

SJ

posted on 12/7/18 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Is it just standard sierra nuts you are after slimy?
Slimy38

posted on 12/7/18 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
Is it just standard sierra nuts you are after slimy?

Unfortunately not, I'm working with an MX5 donor. I think I may have to abandon the six I have and just buy a new set of sixteen.

bi22le

posted on 12/7/18 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried a dealer? Ford sold me wheel nuts for £1 each a few years back.

I bet if I typed into Google cosworth wheel nut, I could pay a lot more!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ianhurley20

posted on 12/7/18 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
My local Fiat dealer gave me some wheel nuts for my wifes car ( some xo!#@) stole several wheel nuts overnight)

02GF74

posted on 12/7/18 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
don't have any and don't know when they will get them, why the hell they don't change the website to list them as unavailable is beyond me.

If the company jus sold that one item, then that is understandable but I suspect they sell a large number of different items, to update stock levels by hand so they are upto date would take a long time I. E. Cost them money.

Ultimately that cosies passed on to the customers so next you'll be ranting about the prices.

Now here the rub, computerised stock system have been around for years and with today's software products, many of which are shareware I. E. Free, there should be no reason for anyone to do anything.

As stock arrives and is sold, that info. should be entered into the system and the computer can keep track of stock and Web front end show latest stock by querying the back end.

It's not rocket science, so pretty wee poor that this is happening.

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 13/7/18 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Alternatively if they say not in stock you don't buy them. If they say in stock and order them off their supplier when you buy, they make a profit with no stuck holding charge.
joneh

posted on 13/7/18 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Alternatively if they say not in stock you don't buy them. If they say in stock and order them off their supplier when you buy, they make a profit with no stuck holding charge.

That's generally how it works - they hold little to no stock and its ordered back to back. Halfords do the same with Eurocar parts.

[Edited on 13/7/18 by joneh]

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 13/7/18 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Eurocar have a similar model with the shops / warehouse. They deliver to shops overnight for the shops to deliver to the garage next day anything outside of the norm. As garages finish off work in a morning / do regular serving first this works for them to strip and order parts in the afternoon.
Mr Whippy

posted on 13/7/18 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
most parts shops like Autosave have them in the back, not particularly cheap. Either that or visit your local scrappy, they have loads...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 13/7/18 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
OK, that's just freaky... only yesterday I was thinking I need to hunt down my wheel nuts!! I appear to have six left from my donor, and trying to track down ten others of the same type is proving incredibly difficult.

No, I tell a lie, they're not incredibly difficult... if I want to spend £4.90 plus £2 P&P... each... for ratty ones off Ebay!!!

I found yesterday 19 each 12 X 1.5 mm Tuning nuts.

They are yours for the price of postage.
I don´t know how much that may be... And how long they may take...
I can check on Monday as I´m traveling for the weekend.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

Slimy38

posted on 13/7/18 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

I found yesterday 19 each 12 X 1.5 mm Tuning nuts.

They are yours for the price of postage.
I don´t know how much that may be... And how long they may take...
I can check on Monday as I´m traveling for the weekend.

That would be most appreciated, thanks. Have a good weekend and I'll catch up with you on Monday.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 14/7/18 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Send Ship to address via U2U.
I´ll take care monday morning.
According to Mexico Post Office 8 to 10 days transt time.
Regards
AA

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.