Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pre embossed PVC?
donut

posted on 19/1/05 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Pre embossed PVC?

Can you buy pre embossed PVC? The stuff with a pattern already on the material with foam backing? I thought it may look a bit better than plain PVC on the dash and side pannels. Also if it does exist where to get it from, and maybe leather too.

Cheers

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tom_loughlin

posted on 19/1/05 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
not sure if its exactly what your looking for, but this guy seems helpful. i ordered some from him a couple of days ago, havent recieved it yet.
leather
failing that, i reckon the best bet would be a show.
all the best,
Tom

wicket

posted on 19/1/05 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Range of fabrics etc for car trimming

http://www.boyriven.co.uk/catalogue.htm

Peteff

posted on 19/1/05 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I got some black leather look upholstery stuff from ebay for under £20 including post. It looks decent quality and is 5' wide x 10' long. I didn't realise it would be so big but I'm not complaining (as the actress said to the bishop )

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

donut

posted on 19/1/05 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
loverly! cheers guys i'll take a peek!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 19/1/05 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
I got the blue perforated leather for my interior from Martrim 01606 834480. They do a really big range and sold me 2 half hides for £40, and as per earlier post that is a lot of leather. They will post out samples.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

donut

posted on 19/1/05 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cool

I will be using your car as an example and motivation for doing mine.

Andy

zetec

posted on 19/1/05 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
You bought one then? Have I missed out on something, the return of our leader and MK owners club?

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

Deckman001

posted on 24/1/05 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Soon, soon

Jason

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/1/05 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
pvc with a leather type pattern can be found at

www.fabricuk.com

mark allanson and i used the FR (fire retardent) graded stuff

atb

steve

Mark Allanson

posted on 24/1/05 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
and it is good quality stuff and easy to use

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Tigers

posted on 25/1/05 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
what about real lether?

I was thinking what about real lether (as one of my friends works with lether)? As there probably will be a lot of humidity, it might start to rot or something... Of cours it's also quite expensive, but it sure looks cool
zetec

posted on 25/1/05 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
I got my leather on Ebay loads for £20, bloke said he had 200 1/2 hides to sell!

RazMan

posted on 31/1/05 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec - how did you get on with trimming with the leather? I am leaning towards it but is it difficult to work with?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.