Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust mods and airbox.
furryeggs

posted on 20/9/18 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust mods and airbox.

So, having done about 500 miles since my IVA I've decided it's all a bit loud... I've been having some exhaust issues getting the system sealed, and now it's fully sealed it's still on the loud side. Add to that the screaming through the throttle bodies and it's getting a bit much.

I've taken my 2 exhausts and made 1 thats better than both but not perfect. I wanted to keep the look of the R1 carbon can but have it less restrictive. My other stainless exhaust was supposedly off a westfield and 5" diameter, it's closer to 4" and next to usless at silencing anything.

This is my R1 can.
[img][/img]

This is everything cut out of it.
[img][/img]

This is what the inside looks like, a series of tubes and sections with about 10mm of insulation on the outside.
[img][/img]

I cut up my other exhaust to get the end caps and the 2" inlet/outlet Pipes and the centre 2" baffle. These were trimmed down on the lathe and tigged onto the chopped up R1 end caps.
[img][/img]

I built it all back up and sealed up the ends, re riviting it all back together and then re packed it with new wadding.
[img][/img]

The final complete 5" exhaust, It just needs a little clean and paint on the end caps...
[img][/img]

I have also been working on an airbox for the throttle bodies...

I started with my flying bonnet damaged air filter and wrapped it in cardbord and tape.
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

I tried it with a 75mm inlet feedind through the top but it looked silly sticking up over the bonnet, so i added this intake along the bottom edge, this gives me the same size inlet area (slightly bigger) and fills the gapping hole i have under the filter..
[img][/img]

I took the sharpe edge of the top and contoured it a bit, this is what it'll look like ish...

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

More pictures to follow.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.