Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: On the road and close enough to finished for this year
Dale

posted on 23/9/18 at 04:40 AM Reply With Quote
On the road and close enough to finished for this year

I have not posted for quite a while.
Its been a long haul and still lots to go. Started Oct 9,2003. On the road last October and just got some paint on it this week, It looks good from a distance but needs a sand and clear coat but that will not be this year. Still deciding on the colour for roll hoops and bumpers and I think a change in the windscreen frame.( thinking satin nickle)
Its different from most but its definitely one of a kind. Ford 2.3 factory turbo, speeduino ecu currently at 11 lbs boost until I am more familiar with it then I should be able to safely bump it up to 19-22 lbs. That should give me about 250-270 rwhp.

front
front

side
side

rear
rear

Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Slater

posted on 23/9/18 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
I applaud your efforts Dale. You've put a lot of work into it. Looks good. One of a kind for sure. I really like the nose and whole front end.

I think a chrome/satin nickle windscreen surround, bumpers and roll hoops plus trim will look great. I also think a curved type windscreen would suit the car more that the flat one. I am not sure on the wheels?? Maybe needs something more period looking?? Can you get wire wheels to fit on those hubs?

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

tilly819

posted on 23/9/18 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Superb job. That is going to be great when its all finished!!

Tilly

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

40inches

posted on 23/9/18 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
You must be really happy with that?
Dale

posted on 23/9/18 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Yes wire wheels would be great, but out of the budget for now. Pretty much the same fore the glass, the frame is strong enough to slow down and deflect a deer as we have so many around here. Btw the glass is glued in flush with the frame.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.