Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fisher Fury - Road or race chassis
Trigger1

posted on 30/9/18 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Fisher Fury - Road or race chassis

Can anybody confirm from this picture if this is the road or race chassis.

The picture is the front suspension turret. I thought all race chassis's had 3 holes for adjustability, but this one doesn't, although I am being advised it is a race chassis. The car was raced (back in 2011).

Thanks

https://flic.kr/p/2abZwKx

[Edited on 30/9/18 by Trigger1]

Dopdog

posted on 30/9/18 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
no that is a standard chassis. the lowered race chassis had all suspension mounts higher than the standard version.

that is a standard version and also an early version by looking at the outer joint, have a look at my photos to see the difference

[Edited on 30/9/18 by Dopdog]

[Edited on 30/9/18 by Dopdog]

Trigger1

posted on 30/9/18 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Great thanks
woodstock

posted on 30/9/18 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all

This is my car that I'm selling and this is all news to me so I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I certainly don't want to mislead anyone.

I've been digging through all the stuff I have about the car including old ads, images and build manuals etc. It seems to match the Fury build manual(March 2004) that describes it as a 'lightweight' chassis. The car was built by Kitcar workshop in 2004/2005.

It also has full roll cage and side impact protection which I don't think was available on the road chassis whcih had a bolt on roll hoop.

So could this be a variation in spec over the years or maybe there were three chassis types available - Race, lightweight and standard road?

All the ads I have ever seen for this car describe it as 'lightweight, lowered racing chassis'. I also found this add for a different car with the same description and front rocker setup https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C989173

Thanks

Chris

[Edited on 30/9/18 by woodstock]

jossey

posted on 1/10/18 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
It's a standard chassis but as mentioned modified but not a race chassis I've seen loads of race chassis never one like this.

Looks a good car though good luck with the sale.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
peter030371

posted on 1/10/18 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
If you are on Face book join 'Fury Sportscar Owners' is you are not already and ask on there. Mark Fisher often pops up so will most probably be the best bet for an answer
watsonpj

posted on 2/10/18 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
Although I have never raced mine when I ordered it, it was a light race chassis that I ordered iirc and the suspension is identical to yours.
stevebubs

posted on 2/10/18 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodstock
Hi all

This is my car that I'm selling and this is all news to me so I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I certainly don't want to mislead anyone.

I've been digging through all the stuff I have about the car including old ads, images and build manuals etc. It seems to match the Fury build manual(March 2004) that describes it as a 'lightweight' chassis. The car was built by Kitcar workshop in 2004/2005.

It also has full roll cage and side impact protection which I don't think was available on the road chassis whcih had a bolt on roll hoop.

So could this be a variation in spec over the years or maybe there were three chassis types available - Race, lightweight and standard road?

All the ads I have ever seen for this car describe it as 'lightweight, lowered racing chassis'. I also found this add for a different car with the same description and front rocker setup https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C989173

Thanks

Chris

[Edited on 30/9/18 by woodstock]

I do recall there being normal and lightweight chassis and bodies available from The Kit Car Workshop

I think race lowered was another option added later...

stevebubs

posted on 2/10/18 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
This is a lowered front suspension:

Picture from http://www.danstuff.info/furyracer.html

stevebubs

posted on 2/10/18 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
no that is a standard chassis. the lowered race chassis had all suspension mounts higher than the standard version.

that is a standard version and also an early version by looking at the outer joint, have a look at my photos to see the difference

Description
Description

[Edited on 2/10/18 by stevebubs]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.