Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ST170 megajolt map?
Nickp

posted on 20/11/18 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
ST170 megajolt map?

I've got my ST170 up and running on ZX6R bike carbs, Ford ESC ignition and a VVT Pro controller.
Just managed to get a cheap megajolt and wondered if anyone has a map set up with the VVT working?

Thanks in advance.

cliftyhanger

posted on 20/11/18 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
I have a couple of maps on my ecu I could send. Not specifically MJ but would enable you to get some sensible numbers together.
I run an ME221, with VVT enabled.

SJ

posted on 20/11/18 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a regular BT Zetec MJ Map if any good. I'm planning on injecting mine so will need to work out how I convert the MJ map to Speeduino this winter.
Nickp

posted on 20/11/18 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
I've got a regular BT Zetec MJ Map if any good. I'm planning on injecting mine so will need to work out how I convert the MJ map to Speeduino this winter.

Thanks but it's only the ST with the VVT on that I'm really interested in tbh as I think it could be quite different to a normal ignition map. I might be wrong but thanks anyway.

SJ

posted on 20/11/18 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SJ

Thanks but it's only the ST with the VVT on that I'm really interested in tbh as I think it could be quite different to a normal ignition map. I might be wrong but thanks anyway.

No worries - I've been very happy with the ZX6 Carbs on mine BTW - they work amazingly well - I'll probably regret wasting money on EFI.

Barksavon

posted on 20/11/18 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick, I'm in the process of fitting an ST170 engine in my Avon (slower than I'd like though) I'll be running it on bike carbs with megajolt ignition and a vvt controller, so very similar to your set up. If you get any MJ maps would you give me a shout please. I'm a long way off that stage at present but hopefully....one day....I'll be where you are now.
Thanks
Ian

Nickp

posted on 20/11/18 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barksavon
Hi Nick, I'm in the process of fitting an ST170 engine in my Avon (slower than I'd like though) I'll be running it on bike carbs with megajolt ignition and a vvt controller, so very similar to your set up. If you get any MJ maps would you give me a shout please. I'm a long way off that stage at present but hopefully....one day....I'll be where you are now.
Thanks
Ian

Will do. I haven't got the old MJ fitted yet but have already prepared a map for it from the screenshots cliftyhanger has sent me. Mine's only an old V2 with a 10x10 load v rpm table, so I've just averaged it all out to give me something like his.

Barksavon

posted on 21/11/18 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I'll be watching your posts with i terest. My MJ is the same, I had it running on my Pinto with bike carbs and it ran very well, hopefully will be the sale on the ST170.
chris

posted on 22/11/18 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
i ran a st170 with the Mtech vvt controller and megajolt with bike carbs on the base 2ltr zetec megajolt map and it ran very well

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.