Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA With Distinct Lack Of Receipts?
Edwardo

posted on 2/1/19 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
IVA With Distinct Lack Of Receipts?

Hi all,

Bought a part built off Ebay 5 years ago and have been very slowly getting it there due to cash/time restraints.

I think I can avoid IVA no longer though and am hoping to get it done later this year.

Huge problem is though that I've been totally lax in keeping any form of receipts for anything!

As I understand it, I need to prove amateur build on the IVA application form. I've got loads of pics of it in varying states of build - but no receipts.

Is the IVA application the only place you need to provide proof of amateur build and provide receipts or do you need them on IVA day or registration application too?

I want a Q plate - so age related nonsense is no issue at all, but what will I need to fabricate receipts for as a bare minimum please??

Cheers
Tony

gremlin1234

posted on 2/1/19 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
I would say for iva, showing pictures is enough to confirm amateur build

please dont 'fabricate'/falsify recipes, just be honest! (its simpler in the long run)
though least try to get the original ebay ad/ payment if you can

Edwardo

posted on 3/1/19 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply - I would definitely prefer to be honest about everything with them - just don't want it to cause an issue where I can't physically get the car on the road.

I bought the part built chassis 'outside of Ebay' after the auction ended (naughty-naughty I know). I guess I could try the guys mobile and hope he still has the same number 5 years later lol.

I was really just wanting to clarify if IVA application is the 'only' stage at which receipts might be required?

Cheers
Tony

nick205

posted on 3/1/19 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I did SVA and not IVA with my MK Indy some years ago now. I had receipts from MK Engineering and a few from other suppliers, but not a huge amount. I had copious build photos which I presented at the SVA test itself. I was going for an age related (G) registration as that's what the donor Sierra was. Didn't encounter any issues during the process, but then things may well be different between the SVA and IVA processes.
russbost

posted on 3/1/19 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
It's obviously different when submitting my own builds as I submit as a manufacturer, but I've taken 5 amateur builds in over the years, 2 at SVA & 3 at IVA, I don't believe I've ever been asked for a single receipt even from the obnoxious, bolshy tester who was at Gillingham some 7 or 8 years ago.

I wouldn't offer the original Ebay receipt unless requested & even then only if you have pics to show you completely stripped back to bare chassis & started again, otherwise it's possible they may decide it's been partially professionally built - it simply causes complications, if asked, I would just say you bought it unstarted as a fairly complete kit.

For DVLA if you are avoiding a "Q" plate, you will be asked for a certificate of newness to confirm the chassis was new, I've also always submitted major receipts like chassis, suspension, bodywork, wheels etc with the DVLA application simply to avoid them needing to send it back & ask for anything else. I suspect if you can't prove the chassis was new you'll get a "Q", bothers some more than others & a 7 is the vehicle I'd be least bothered seeing it on

Good luck with the test

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Edwardo

posted on 7/1/19 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps - That has allayed my worries a bit for now.

I won't volunteer any receipts on application (but supply loads of amateur build pics) and see if anything comes back from them when the time comes.

Cheers again

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.