Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locust front wishbones
Olgawld

posted on 28/2/19 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Locust front wishbones

Hello. I have a White rose Locust, built in 98. It has the original old style cortina uprights and front suspension setup. I'd like to change to a nicer wishbone setup. I know there was a setup available to buy from White rose at the time but obviously these aren't available anymore. I've looked on the locust enthusiasts website but that looks pretty dead now. Anybody any idea where I could find a setup, what other cars wishbones would fit etc? Cheers
rusty nuts

posted on 1/3/19 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Can’t help with a ready made solution but I believe the locust used the complete Cortina front subframe? If that is the case it should be possible to creat a lightweight subframe using box section steel as used in locost chassis’s incorporating mounts for top and bottom wishbones and a top mounting for a coil over . The car may then need an IVA test due to chassis modification in which case it may be better to build or buy a locost or Haynes chassis ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.