Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RIP Charlie Whiting
snapper

posted on 14/3/19 at 05:52 AM Reply With Quote
RIP Charlie Whiting

Sad news, condolences to the family.
The passing suddenly of a great Formular 1 ambasidor.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

russbost

posted on 14/3/19 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Blimey! That's a shock! Sad news indeed, RIP & condolences to all his family

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
flak monkey

posted on 14/3/19 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Sad news indeed

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

James

posted on 14/3/19 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
RIP Charlie.

Difficult to replace as from reading Joe Saward's excellent blog at least one or two of the expected successors has recently moved on to a team position.

Pulmonary embolism just after flying to Australia. My friend nearly died from this too and ended up in intensive care for 3mths.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/3/19 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
who?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
westf27

posted on 14/3/19 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
who?

He was in charge of releasing the F1 car grid for racing.For me he came from the same stable as Murray Walker,top guy

snapper

posted on 14/3/19 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
who?

He was in charge of releasing the F1 car grid for racing.For me he came from the same stable as Murray Walker,top guy

A bit more than that.....

Charlie Whiting (12 August 1952 – 14 March 2019) was the FIA Formula One Race Director, Safety Delegate, Permanent Starter and head of the F1 Technical Department, in which capacities he generally managed the logistics of each F1 Grand Prix, inspected cars in parc fermé before a race, enforced FIA rules, and controlled the lights that start each race.

He also instigated the introduction of the Halo which saved Leclurc’s life and many other safety features befor that.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Mash

posted on 14/3/19 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
RIP Charlie

Worryingly, he was a year younger than me

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.