<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's really quiet...
DavidhMX5

posted on 17/3/19 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
pics aren't a problem :p

G13BLocost

posted on 17/3/19 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
It's dead obvious to me what's wrong with Locostbuilders... It's not a community anymore!

I resigned up yesterday after years of being away, took half an hour out of my day to write a catch up and collate pictures, and literally no one said hello. I'm not here for your praise but some acknowledgement wouldn't hurt.

Building cars is a lonely antisocial hobby. It requires hours and days alone working on something that most people think is a waste of time. It verges on obsession. This should be a place for friendly like minded people.

So I'll say again, hello?

[Edited on 17/3/19 by G13BLocost]

My Locost blog: ogilvietacing.com

DavidhMX5

posted on 17/3/19 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hello
I can't comment on what the forum used to be like but in its defence I will say any questions I have posted have been answered very quickly and provided the info I needed.
Have fun converting from race to road.

G13BLocost

posted on 17/3/19 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidhMX5
Hello
I can't comment on what the forum used to be like but in its defence I will say any questions I have posted have been answered very quickly and provided the info I needed.
Have fun converting from race to road.

Cheers chap!

The IVA process is highly daunting so I am desperate to pick people's brains

Angel Acevedo

posted on 17/3/19 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by Nile_rt
I think you're being a bit harsh on the "younger generation". Most people I know in their 20s and 30s struggle to afford to buy a house. Building or even owning a kit car is a luxury most young people can't afford.

Exactly that is the main reason.

I think the older generation posting here that paid 30k for a good sized house when they were younger don't realise,or don't want to know,the cost of just living these days compared to what people can earn.

A kit car sat in the garage is a massive luxury!

I think you may of got your figures wrong slightly, as my parent house cost £8500 in 1969, when the there total earnings a week came to £125, and that equats to about 17 times my Parent salarys and not guaranteed, and the house was paid for in 1980

My house at 2005 equated to 8.5 times my salary, all paid for now

My Son and wife earn 75k a year, but cant afford to buy a house. ?????????????
They can afford a £750k place, but its not good enough for them, plus to my amazement, they spent there deposit on a Brand new car ???

That's why the modern day youngsters cant buy a house, as in there pathetic minds, they HAVE to have a new car, phone, fashion etc, yet somewhere to live doesn't come into the equation

That is exactly my point of view...
The culprit is "Instant gratification" against long term happyness...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 17/3/19 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
This forum still runs on coal!

I've given up on trying to upload pics anymore,unless you send a photo in via Royal Mail you can't get any on here!

Good point...
Facebook is soo easy to upload;
I haven´t tried to upload even tough I said I would..

Don´t get me wrong.
I want to upload here to document my mistakes and prevent someone else to make the same...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 17/3/19 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G13BLocost
It's dead obvious to me what's wrong with Locostbuilders... It's not a community anymore!

I resigned up yesterday after years of being away, took half an hour out of my day to write a catch up and collate pictures, and literally no one said hello. I'm not here for your praise but some acknowledgement wouldn't hurt.

Building cars is a lonely antisocial hobby. It requires hours and days alone working on something that most people think is a waste of time. It verges on obsession. This should be a place for friendly like minded people.

Hello..
Funny, I search for your posts and there appears to be none, even though on your post count shows 4?
Did you deleted them?

G13BLocost

posted on 17/3/19 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, they are definitely there

jps

posted on 17/3/19 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
[img]

Is that because you've put it somewhere else and linked to it? I can't get the photo uploader on here to work...

jps

posted on 17/3/19 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
quote:

Hello..
Funny, I search for your posts and there appears to be none, even though on your post count shows 4?
Did you deleted them?

Yeah - I can't find them either...

I get the same when I post on the build diary thread I created.

flak monkey

posted on 17/3/19 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Some forums arent indexed for some reason, theres a welcome back section too right at the top.

I had missed your thread too, but generally it's just a lot quieter on here than it was for multiple reasons, there used to be 100+ posts per day, but now <20 I would guess.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/19 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
It should be called highcostbuilders although the whole premes of it was based on a lie to sell a very misleading book
NigeEss

posted on 17/3/19 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Hello !

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

DavidhMX5

posted on 17/3/19 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
quote:
[img]

Is that because you've put it somewhere else and linked to it? I can't get the photo uploader on here to work...

Yep. upload to Imgur as free and gives me back up for pics and has single click to copy BBCode for forum link.

phelpsa

posted on 17/3/19 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I still read daily and have done for nearly 16 of my 28 years!
phelpsa

posted on 17/3/19 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
P.s. Here's what i've been upto this weekend....

[Edited on 17-3-19 by phelpsa]

Theshed

posted on 17/3/19 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
You see that picture my fellow old gits - that proves it!!! A lovely garage and a half built car and he is staring at his phone......

phelpsa

posted on 17/3/19 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theshed
You see that picture my fellow old gits - that proves it!!! A lovely garage and a half built car and he is staring at his phone......

That's me trying to work out how to take a picture on my phone.... my 59 year old father had no such problems!

G13BLocost

posted on 17/3/19 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nice chassis! MX5 rearend?

phelpsa

posted on 17/3/19 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Nice chassis! MX5 rearend?

Just a good old Westfield SEIW / megabusa chassis with a few mods, sierra diff. Stripped back mainly for repair purposes, its had a hard few seasons competition!

pigeondave

posted on 17/3/19 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have to agree with whats been said here already.

The world has become an instant gratification type of place for people now.
I see it in cars and down the gym.

First question form an colleague was, whats the bhp and what does it do 0-60 in ?
It's all about pub numbers now. What they don't realise is that lack of power AND weight keeps it nimble and you brake later.

You can very easily go out now and buy a tin top with 300+ bhp and hassle most kit cars and thats what people want.

Its getting the same with our cars too. You see threads asking whats a good power output and how much power do i need.
Theres more and more supercharged and turbo cars appearing as everyone wants more power. So its not just the kids.

Its also getting generally quiet on all the forums, maybe fewer people have the time to take pics and write up what they've been doing as it all seems mundane.

Who wants to see pics of me bleed the brakes or tidy up the wiring? Maybe we all feel that everyone know how to do these bits and will only post the interesting non standard bits. I'm enjoying fury rebuild thread and the other fury rebuild website, as they're two builds that are very different to whats been done before.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 18/3/19 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pigeondave

Who wants to see pics of me bleed the brakes or tidy up the wiring?

I want...!

phelpsa

posted on 10/6/19 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa

In case anyone is interested, here's what it's been doing 2 months later.....

scudderfish

posted on 10/6/19 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

In case anyone is interested, here's what it's been doing 2 months later.....

It takes me 2 months to find a spanner!

rusty nuts

posted on 10/6/19 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
If you had put the phone down and got on with the rebuild you could have done it quicker
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.