Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD - GRP seats
number-1

posted on 15/6/19 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
WTD - GRP seats

Bit of a long shot... but does anyone have a GRP or fibreglass seat for sale? It needs to be base mounting and not on side brackets as I need it as low to the floor as possible. 1 or even better 2? It’s for an SSC stylus. JK composites are a 6 week wait!
jwallbank

posted on 16/6/19 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
GRP Seats

Hi, got a pair of GRP sets for sale. Bought originally from Kit Parts Direct. Complete with edge trim attached and passed IVA last year. I have just put some photos in my archive - seats folder. If you are interested, want more pics, or dimensions send me a u2u. I'm looking for £120 plus postage.

John W

number-1

posted on 16/6/19 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I will message you now mate as they look spot on.
number-1

posted on 16/6/19 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Now sorted

This is now sorted with the help of John.
jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 20/6/19 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwallbank
Hi, got a pair of GRP sets for sale. Bought originally from Kit Parts Direct. Complete with edge trim attached and passed IVA last year. I have just put some photos in my archive - seats folder. If you are interested, want more pics, or dimensions send me a u2u. I'm looking for £120 plus postage.

John W

That's a great price brought mine for a fair bit more than that a couple of months ago

On the seat front where did you get the edgeing from & seat foam as I have the same seats and need both to finsh for the IVA at some point

Thanks in advance.

jwallbank

posted on 22/6/19 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
GRP Seats - Trim

Hi,
Bought them from Kit Parts Direct, complete with seat pad and edge trim, but they don't seem to be trading under that name anymore. They do seem to be the same size as the ones from Kit Spares- but they don't list edge trim & pads.

However, the edge trim is just standard self grip U trim from any of the normal suppliers: Woolies, Seals Direct, Edge Trims, etc - just do a search for edge trim and make sure you select the one that's the correct panel thickness of your seats about 5mm from memory. I did have to use some pva adhesive on some of the bends to ensure that it remained in place. IVA inspector seemed quite happy with the result.

The padding was pre-cut to shape. You don't need the padding for IVA but the padding is, I think 10 or 12mm, adhesive backed dense neoprene rubber, plenty on Ebay but needs cutting to shape!

John W

jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 25/6/19 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply will have a look on eBay & a like
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 31/8/19 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Some solutions. LusoMotors bucket seats:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.