Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury and JK composites seats
tims31

posted on 23/6/19 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Fury and JK composites seats

Hi,

I am looking to change my Cobra seven seats for a pair of JK composite seats but don't seem to be getting very far when speaking to them about the best ones to get that will fit the narrow Fury interior.

I have the dropped floor pan on the drivers side and would like to mount the drivers seat on runners if possible and fix mount the passenger side.

The drivers side on the Cobra seats is on runners and sits me too high in the car really.

1. Could someone tell me the seats that I need from them ( They do have a Fury one pictured on their website but no real details). They seem to have 'Seven' seats and Fury ones

2. How have you mounted yours and have you mounted on runners. Have you mounted on the base of the seat or on the JK composite base mount?

3. Do you find you have more leg room as the seats lift the back of your legs up?

What have others fitted please, a lot of cash to splash out with a big potential for getting it wrong and they don't seem to be able to help.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

pigeondave

posted on 23/6/19 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
I got seats from them

I got them to cut then lower. so they are cut through at the harness holes.

The biggest issue (and why they're not fitted) is that the forward stays for the roll hoop nip in at a tighter angle than the chassis. or at least they do on my car.

I need the seats right back as im 6'2".
they are the N3942
if youre close to brighton and want to pick them up for trial fitting youre more thna welcome.
But they are not for sale sorry.
I can u2u the pics if you like

one had the base fitted one doesnt but i have the base for it
they're heavier than the fury plastic ones which are fitted

[Edited on 23/6/19 by pigeondave]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tims31

posted on 24/6/19 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, If you could send me soe pictures that would be useful.

They advertise as though they ones for the Fury but when I have spoken to them they dont seem that sure which size it is that fits?

The height size isn't too much of a problem for me but I do need to get lower down in the car to stop my head from being above the screen.

number-1

posted on 24/6/19 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same issues a few weeks back trying to get seats for my SSC stylus. Not the most helpful in my opinion. After may non returned calls or emails i eventually managed to speak to an engineer and all he could tell me was for the Fury the smallest seat is normally what they supply to people. He had never heard of the SSC stylus.

I bought a couple of seats from a member on here instead.

tims31

posted on 24/6/19 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by number-1
I had the same issues a few weeks back trying to get seats for my SSC stylus. Not the most helpful in my opinion. After may non returned calls or emails i eventually managed to speak to an engineer and all he could tell me was for the Fury the smallest seat is normally what they supply to people. He had never heard of the SSC stylus.

I bought a couple of seats from a member on here instead.

Did you buy JK composite ones or a different make.

Seems a shame, they seem really busy and loads of people recommend them as good comfortable seats but getting information from them is quite difficult.

Thanks for the info.

number-1

posted on 24/6/19 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I ended up with a different pair. by kitcarparts. By luck they are the widest i think i could fit into the car as the hip area in the cockpit is really tight. If you were nearer i could let you try the set that's still not yet fitted for size
JekRankin

posted on 24/6/19 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have them in mine. Nice quality seats.

It was a few years back now, but it's the narrowest size I ordered. If I remember correctly they referred to them as 'Striker seats'. They're a tight fit with the seat fully back - any wider and you would need to move it forward.

A couple of notes on fitting:

- If you need them to be as far back as possible, the forward stays on your roll hoop might clash. I guess this could be a problem with all high backed seats? I had to cut and reweld my roll bar for clearance.
- Mine are mounted to the floor along the front lip provided in the seat moulding. With a little trimming, the lip fits just behind the 1" cross member on the floor pan. I'm 6ft 2in and this position fits me well. They are also bolted through the outer chassis and transmission tunnel tubing, using M6 bolts and kart washers. I see they now have an option for moulded mounting points at the back of the seat, but I think these would end up pushing the seat too far forwards for me.

I'll see if I can get some photos up.

Jek

JekRankin

posted on 24/6/19 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have them in mine. Nice quality seats.

It was a few years back now, but it's the narrowest size I ordered. If I remember correctly they referred to them as 'Striker seats'. They're a tight fit with the seat fully back - any wider and you would need to move it forward.

A couple of notes on fitting:

- If you need them to be as far back as possible, the forward stays on your roll hoop might clash. I guess this could be a problem with all high backed seats? I had to cut and reweld my roll bar for clearance.
- Mine are mounted to the floor along the front lip provided in the seat moulding. With a little trimming, the lip fits just behind the 1" cross member on the floor pan. I'm 6ft 2in and this position fits me well. They are also bolted through the outer chassis and transmission tunnel tubing, using M6 bolts and kart washers. I see they now have an option for moulded mounting points at the back of the seat, but I think these would end up pushing the seat too far forwards for me.

I'll see if I can get some photos up.

Jek

pigeondave

posted on 24/6/19 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
you have u2u with a link to some pics
let me know if it didn't work.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 24/6/19 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
....i eventually managed to speak to an engineer...

Interesting seeing as it's a guy and his dad in a workshop at the back of his house

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

number-1

posted on 24/6/19 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Only relaying what the female who answered the phone said....." I will go and get an engineer, but he is in the workshop"
number-1

posted on 24/6/19 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Lusomotors do seats and get really good reviews. They reply almost straight away if contacted via facebook with loads of info and images

If i had not been offered the seats on here, i would have chosen Lusomotors over JK based on reviews and customer service

tims31

posted on 27/6/19 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Lusomotors do seats and get really good reviews. They reply almost straight away if contacted via facebook with loads of info and images

If i had not been offered the seats on here, i would have chosen Lusomotors over JK based on reviews and customer service

Hmm, thanks for the replies. I will take a look at the Lusomotors ones. The lady I spoke to at JK didn't know much at all and I ended up speaking to the young lad that is there but he wasn't really sure which ones they supplied for the Fury whichis why I was asking for some help here.

Thanks Pigeondave, yes I got the pictures thank you.

Adi, is it the JK composite ones you have, if so can you remember which ones you had?

[Edited on 28/6/19 by tims31]

tims31

posted on 27/6/19 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JekRankin

...I'll see if I can get some photos up.

Jek

That would be great thanks Jek

tims31

posted on 28/6/19 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone has a seat out could they please measure the floor space such as the width across the bar that is just under the thigh and also the distance between the side support of the Rollbar and the tunnel side?

Ta

MagicalTrevor

posted on 27/9/19 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've just pulled a pair of JK seats from my Fury as I'm changing to a resin bead seat. There was a DIY rear brace for the seats which I also removed but it's just aluminium box section of unknown suitability. The front edge, where it mounts, sits behind the chassis rail.

Seats fitted fine with room for harnesses.

tims31

posted on 28/9/19 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MagicalTrevor
I've just pulled a pair of JK seats from my Fury as I'm changing to a resin bead seat. There was a DIY rear brace for the seats which I also removed but it's just aluminium box section of unknown suitability. The front edge, where it mounts, sits behind the chassis rail.

Seats fitted fine with room for harnesses.

Where are you getting the resin bead seats from, LusoMotors? I've been looking at these ones also. What is the reason for changing?

MagicalTrevor

posted on 28/9/19 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
It’s a Schroth Indi seat. I compete and just wanted the best, safest seat possible.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.