Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover v8/TVR ECU info needed
swanny

posted on 24/7/19 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Rover v8/TVR ECU info needed

Hello,

My car (rover v8 on injection) recently went for a rolling road session.

we encountered a few niggles and ended up swapping out my ECU for one the garage had as a spare. My car produced more power with the other ECU.

The ECU the garage had was a TVR ECU. The one in mine started off as a standard Rover V8 ECU but then had a Tornado chip added.

http://www.tornadosystems.com/product/14-cux-tornado-chip-3-9-land-rover-and-range-rover/

I am wondering whether this means the Tornado chip is working/any good anyway? Or whether TVR fitted their own urgraded chip in their ECUs.

(i suppose the TVR could at some point have had an upgrade itself but the board didnt seem to show that to be the case)

just wondered
paul

40inches

posted on 24/7/19 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Who did you go to?
Joolz at Kits and Classics in Chesterfield has a very good reputation for maping and TVR in general.
He can remap the Rover ECU. http://www.kitsandclassics.co.uk/

quote:
Originally posted by swanny
Hello,

My car (rover v8 on injection) recently went for a rolling road session.

we encountered a few niggles and ended up swapping out my ECU for one the garage had as a spare. My car produced more power with the other ECU.

The ECU the garage had was a TVR ECU. The one in mine started off as a standard Rover V8 ECU but then had a Tornado chip added.

http://www.tornadosystems.com/product/14-cux-tornado-chip-3-9-land-rover-and-range-rover/

I am wondering whether this means the Tornado chip is working/any good anyway? Or whether TVR fitted their own urgraded chip in their ECUs.

(i suppose the TVR could at some point have had an upgrade itself but the board didnt seem to show that to be the case)

just wondered
paul

swanny

posted on 24/7/19 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi it was bailey performance.
perksy

posted on 24/7/19 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
The Tornado (Mark Adams) chips are highly rated and many of the owners report smoother running with no drive train shunt which can affect many TVRs

Worth a search on Pistonheads in the TVR forum

One thing though, there are several versions of the Tornado chip, You have got the right one ?

[Edited on 24/7/19 by perksy]

Oddified

posted on 24/7/19 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming you have the 14cux ecu, there's so many different 'standard' Landrover, tvr and Mark Adams eproms to be found inside, it's a minefield. Most have a label on them, even the Landrover eproms quite often have a 4 digit code on them. Many ecu's from Rangerovers/Discoverys have the eprom soldered into the pcb, life is so much easier for experimenting if you unsolder it and fit a dil socket.

Ian

40inches

posted on 24/7/19 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oddified
Assuming you have the 14cux ecu, there's so many different 'standard' Landrover, tvr and Mark Adams eproms to be found inside, it's a minefield. Most have a label on them, even the Landrover eproms quite often have a 4 digit code on them. Many ecu's from Rangerovers/Discoverys have the eprom soldered into the pcb, life is so much easier for experimenting if you unsolder it and fit a dil socket.

Ian

I think Joolz would be able to sort them out. I have no connection with the business, just impressed by what he can do
http://www.kitsandclassics.co.uk/Lucas14CUX-/-Rover-V8-Tuning/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.