Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford csc bleed adaptor
cliftyhanger

posted on 27/7/19 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ford csc bleed adaptor

Making progress with my conversion, but realised the bleed nipple on the ford csc is m8 X 1.25 thread. And I need to extend the bleed to outside the bell housing.
I can't find anything suitable. Which is a pain. Think automotive, eBay, various Motorsport suppliers all nothing.
Ideally a m8 to M10 fine adaptor do I can make a pipe up. Or anything that will enable me to bleed it!

All suggestions welcome.

voucht
Contributor

Posts 229
Registered 22/5/11
Location 1

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roadster on the road since november 2014 bu

posted on 28/7/19 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Try to look into mountain bike braking.

When HEL used to make mountain bike brake lines (I don't think they still do), threads were smaller then for car/bike, and I think I remember that they were M8.

Also, I just checked on HEL website, and on their custom brake line configurator, you can chose M8 banjo. The banjo bolt might be M8x1.25, which could a beginning to your solution?

Hop that will help

Good luck!

cliftyhanger

posted on 28/7/19 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply.
However, I took a brave pill, drilled the threads out and tapped to accept a double ended male adaptor, sealed with a copper washer. That will make life easy.
Investigating further, the retailers sell aeroquip sets so there is an adapter somewhere, just being elusive. And I won't pay £70 or so when I have all the bits to make solid limited lines up (with pigtails, just like cars have been using for 60+years)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.