Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes roadster Turbo
Charlie C

posted on 15/8/19 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes roadster Turbo

Haynes Roadster or sale as I don’t have the time to drive it also I need the space in the garage and the ever impending doom for redundancy. I think in the current market £7500 is a reasonable price for a quick sale.

Registered and IVA’d in February 2017 as a Haynes roadster 1.6, so first MOT due next year.
I’ve covered about 1000 miles in that time.
The chassis and wishbones are talon fabricated and welded.
The body work is only a year old and from Equinox products
The shocks are protech and are re valved by Procomp, the suspension has also been corner weighted by Matt at Procomp
The front brakes calipers are Willwood and the rear are standard sierra (disc)

The engine and auxiliaries has cost me approximately £5000 in the past couple of years.

The Engine is a mk1 mx5 1.6 and was rebuilt by Basset down engineering last year and has done about 40miles, it has reconditioned head, forged rods, balanced crank, baffled sump, welded in turbo oil return, new oil and water pumps and bench run in.
The turbo manifold and down pipe are custom fabricated by DaveFab and has a 3inch down pipe.
The turbo is a new Garret GT2254r and there is a new Forge DV.
The engine is managed by a Megasquiret MS3x ECU mapping by Dale at Bailey Performance .
Boost controller can be activated and de-activated by a switch on the dash.
New COP’s, injectors (Injector Dynamics ID1050X) alternator, oil cooler, radiator, intercooler and high pressure fuel pump were installed as part of the turbo install.
The coolant is rerouted via the back of the head using a IL motorsport kit.

The gearbox is from a MX5 mk2.5 1.8 it is and updated design from the MK1/2 also the car was a low millage rust bucket so it’s a nice smooth gear box.

The clutch is a new Clutch Kit, Exedy Stage 2 Cerametallic, 1.8 MX5 on a new light weigh flywheel.

The front rear axles are sierra, with a sierra 3.95 LSD with rebuilt by Tracsport in Redditch.

[Edited on 15/8/19 by Charlie C]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

wowblaauw

posted on 15/8/19 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say that this represents one of the 'very best' 7's I have ever had the pleasure to see in my life time - nice car

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

T66

posted on 15/8/19 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
It is a corker, if anyone has any doubt about buying it, once the bonnet is lifted off it is sold.....

What colour is it ? Nardo grey ?

Charlie C

posted on 15/8/19 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the nice comments
It silver grey RAL 7001
I took it out today for the first proper run since its all set up on the rolling road and its unbelievably quick and the noise of the turbo is addictive.

T66

posted on 15/8/19 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have RAL7001 in my list for my chassis, about to get done over the next few weeks. What a coincidence !

Abe

posted on 15/8/19 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Stunning car!!! Very very nice indeed. Good luck with the sale
Charlie C

posted on 20/8/19 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I’ve had a couple of questions about BHP, its currently at 253bhp measured at Bailey performance and that’s using the Garret gt2554r turbo. If the Garret gt2556r (£631) turbo was fitted the bhp would be up to 300bhp which is the safe limit of the engine which had forged rods.

Charlie C

posted on 21/8/19 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Now sold and I'm very sad to see it go
Abe

posted on 21/8/19 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Knew that would be snapped up in no time! Don’t be sad... time to build something else?! 😁👍
perksy

posted on 21/8/19 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Well built, Good spec cars will always sell quickly

Time to build the next one now though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.