Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My old locost has come home !!
Deckman001

posted on 18/3/20 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I'ts mostly finished so went off to this afternoon to have the suspension and geometry set up ready for the IVA.

Here's a pic before it was driven off by the set up guy on trade plates.

Description
Description

Jason

Sadly have just a txt from the driver saying the diff sounded very loud, looks like i might have to get that replaced or repaired before the IVA test

[Edited on 18/3/20 by Deckman001]

Deckman001

posted on 16/4/20 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick update as the car is now at the garage being set up properly, The Diff on the drive there was so noisy, the guy needed earphones to concentrate, so I've asked him to drop it out seeing as he said it's an easier job at his garage with ramps and all off his tools. He's going to asses it once it's out and give me a call about it, he has a guy he sends axles and gearboxes to, so will get a price when he knows a bit more

At least while it's there he can sort the VIN plate and chassis number though

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 29/4/20 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Well, Just had an update on the Diff, It's a 3.54, he showed me the tag bolted on and just needs a full bearing kit so all ordered and it might start going back together next week.

So am just wondering, with a tuned 1600 x/flow fitted with a type 9 g/box attached to a 3.54 diff driving 13" wheels with normal Locost racing tyres type fitted, will i get decent acceleration with a limited top speed?

Jason

rusty nuts

posted on 29/4/20 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001

So am just wondering, with a tuned 1600 x/flow fitted with a type 9 g/box attached to a 3.54 diff driving 13" wheels with normal Locost racing tyres type fitted, will i get decent acceleration with a limited top speed?

Jason

I have a tuned 1600 Xflow in mine with a 3.62 Sierra diff and 195/50/15 tyres which has decent acceleration although I changed the gearbox for one of BGH geartech’s which improved things no end. Can’t possibly comment on the maximum speed!

Deckman001

posted on 29/4/20 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ha Ha, although I know i love speed, I wasn't intending to build a rocket, I just love the feel of my car and the open air driving it gives, I would though like it to be a good drive with some sporty acceleration as Iv'e got friends who want me to take it to track days with them in their modified road cars and heavy race cars

Jason

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.