Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CAD Model For Nose Cone
Mr - Mechanical

posted on 3/2/20 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
CAD Model For Nose Cone

Hi everyone!

For years I have always wanting to build a 7, but for whatever reason (space / money), I have never completed my dream. (although I did once get as far as building the chassis).

However, last year I took up a new hobby..... machining. I bought a milling machine and lathe and set about learning how to use these new tools. More recently I bought some drawings for a mini four cylinder, four stroke engine (100mm long engine block) which I plan to make.

Not only did I want to make the engine, but I decided I'd like to put it to use. Power something with it. And that's when I had the idea to build a mini 7. I had the haynes roadster book, all I needed to do was scale down the chassis plans to the size of the engine. Which is what I have done.

https://youtu.be/fwiFxDEsH-o

No doubt this will be a challenging project as I will have to design and make everything. But I'm in no hurry and I don't mind scrapping a few bits of metal in the process. This forum will be a very useful source of information for my project.

Let me get to the point of this post..... planning ahead, one of the things I will need assistance with is the nose cone. I can't buy one to fit my chassis, and the complexity of the shape is beyond my cad skills.

So I'm looking for a 3D cad model that could be used to either have the part 3D printed, or a mold 3D printed. (I like the idea of making my own carbon fiber part from a mold)

If anyone has such a CAD model or knows who I could contact for one, I would very much appreciate your comment!

Thanks in advance!

[Edited on 3/2/20 by Mr - Mechanical]

[Edited on 3/2/20 by Mr - Mechanical]

suzcruz

posted on 31/5/20 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Did you try Grabcad?
Being a model it might be easier just to get a chunk of foam and carve the shape by eye, make a small mold with fibreglass.
Is this an RC style build? Or more like a 'rivet counter' build?
There were a few Japanese blogs in the 2000's i recall, they were very good.

No brain, no pain!

HowardB

posted on 1/6/20 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
there is also a great way of doing it in a more direct method. Take a photo, draw horizontal and vertical lines on it, do this for side and plan view, if you want guidelines,. this thread is awesome amazing scratch bodywork

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.