Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Value of Pinto EFI engine these days?
Edwardo

posted on 6/2/20 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Value of Pinto EFI engine these days?

Evening all,

I'm probably going to be breaking my build down to sell as parts fairly soon (I just can't get get comfortable with the sliding pillar suspension amongst other things).

Question is, what's a sensible asking price for a decent complete running 2.0 EFI engine these days and where is the best market to advertise?

I paid £650 for the motor+type 9 about 6 years ago. Is this still roughly valid?

Cheers
Tony

James

posted on 6/2/20 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Could you not convert it to double wishbone?

I would be heartbroken to break mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Edwardo

posted on 6/2/20 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
No, there are several other aspects of the car I've never been happy with during the 6 years on and off I've been building this, The front suspension is the main one - but the general size/weight and loads of other build issues have always been an issue also. I just don't think I'd be properly happy with it even if I did get it through IVA.

Throwing another £650+proper fitting at it for wishbone conversion would just seem like throwing good money after bad.

I'm off to look at a registered locost with a bike engine this weekend which seems much more like the direction I'd like.

Are Pinto's getting hard to get hold of for the classic race series? Has anybody got any links for sites that might be interested in Pinto setups?

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 7/2/20 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Good gearboxes are worth £250/£300 and a pinto with all its ancillaries should be worth £400/£500
Edwardo

posted on 7/2/20 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ian locostzx9rc2
Good gearboxes are worth £250/£300 and a pinto with all its ancillaries should be worth £400/£500

Wow - prices have gone up, cheers for the info! Any idea where the best place to target would be?

Cheers
Tony

snapper

posted on 7/2/20 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Turbosports forum and Old Skool Ford would be the ones to advertise on.
I pay anything from £150 to £250 for an injection head, I don’t obses about 205 blocks but most do so that sells for a premium.
V6 gearbox much better than the standard type 9 and it’s always about who will pay what.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Edwardo

posted on 7/2/20 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Turbosports forum and Old Skool Ford would be the ones to advertise on.
I pay anything from £150 to £250 for an injection head, I don’t obses about 205 blocks but most do so that sells for a premium.
V6 gearbox much better than the standard type 9 and it’s always about who will pay what.

Brilliant - Many thanks Snapper.

If I can't shift the car whole for someone to finish at a sensible price - I'll def look into advertising on those sites.

Thanks again

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.