Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brian James RS5 Race shuttle
MrPoseidon

posted on 2/4/20 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Brian James RS5 Race shuttle

Having just purchased a BJ RS5 trailer, to replace my BJ Minnow ( for sale BTW), it's just occurred to me, that I might not be able to manoeuvre it by hand into my garden. I haven't been to collect said trailer yet, so no idea how easy/hard it is to move by hand loaded or unloaded.

Has anyone any experience with them? Just need to add, the ground isn't exactly level.

[Edited on 2/4/20 by MrPoseidon]
[img]https://www.facebook.com/abpbeccentre/photos/pcb.1827259990748389/1827259030748485/?type=3&theater[/img]

[Edited on 2/4/20 by MrPoseidon]

rusty nuts

posted on 2/4/20 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Can’t help about being able to manoeuvre but if you have problems it might be worth considering a caravan mover ?
MrPoseidon

posted on 2/4/20 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed. I did look into those, but conflicting reports on them. They're not exactly cheap to try one @about £170!

Anyone have one or can recommend them?

jacko

posted on 2/4/20 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
With my old race twin axel trailer I use to tip the trailer so only one axel wheels where on the road it made it a lot better when moving it loaded or not
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MrPoseidon

posted on 2/4/20 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
With my old race twin axel trailer I use to tip the trailer so only one axel wheels where on the road it made it a lot better when moving it loaded or not

Good point. We do that on the Minno too, but the front jockey wheel makes life difficult sometimes, esp on softer ground. I can only imagine how much harder it will be on a 950kg trailer......

rusty nuts

posted on 2/4/20 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
To get my trailer into my garage I have a slope to get up and less than an inch either side, to help I bolted a short length of chain near the back wall and put the trailer in hitch end first using the winch to get it in. Getting it out is easy, just push it
Paul_Arion

posted on 3/4/20 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for a caravan mover

I picked up a Caravan Mover for my Brian James Sprint Shuttle - together with a leisure battery fitted onboard it makes life so much easier moving the trailer around - particularly when loaded and manouvering.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/4/20 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Or do what I did and fit a tow bar to the front as well, makes parking trailers and caravans a doddle
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MrPoseidon

posted on 3/4/20 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Arion
Another vote for a caravan mover

I picked up a Caravan Mover for my Brian James Sprint Shuttle - together with a leisure battery fitted onboard it makes life so much easier moving the trailer around - particularly when loaded and manouvering.

Which one did you buy and does it work well on rougher ground/grass?

Paul_Arion

posted on 3/4/20 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrPoseidon

Which one did you buy and does it work well on rougher ground/grass?

I have a Powrtouch Evolution myself - it’s been absolutely fine on everything I’ve tried it on to date. I’m considering changing the jockey wheel in case I need to use it on soft grass but pretty confident the motor mover itself would handle grass just fine. I’ll try and get some pics in the morning - need to get the trailer out anyway.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.