Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fisher Fury 2004 with Roof
Stuart15

posted on 4/4/20 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Fisher Fury 2004 with Roof

For sale is my much loved Fisher Fury. I’ve had a terrific time with this car and this is the third time I have tried to force myself to sell it. I don’t believe you can get as unique a driving experience as this kind of car for less than £20k. I will never forget the grin across my face as I drove it home for the first time, slicing cross country, looking over that unique that bulged bonnet. In my mind I was Ron Flockhart in the 1950’s driving an Ecuire Ecosse Jag D-Type across the country. This car will out accelerate and out corner anything you’re likely to find on the road, all the while that exhaust piping out notes reminiscent of a WWII fighter plane. The driving experience is well sorted, raw and unassisted but it is not unbalanced or uncomfortable like a lot of kit cars out there. It has been set up as a fast road car that will perform strongly on a track rather than a track specific car.

Once purchased I undertook a wide range of improvements, at Track Developments nr Malmesbury and Thatchway Motorsport nr Weston Super Mare.

- Rover K series VVC 1800cc 160bhp (aluminium block so nice and light) with Caterham parts.
- Minilite 13” Alloy wheels
- Protech adjustable suspension (very compliant on road to very firm on track)
- Toyo R888R Tyres
- A Roof and side Windows!
- Hi Spec Brake callipers at front
- BGH Type 9 Heavy Duty Close Ratio Gearbox specifically for Kit Cars.
- Swirl Pot fuel system for consistent fueling.
- GRP Bucket Seats
- Schroth 4 point Harness
- Momo Corsa Steering wheel
- Weighs under 540KG
- 15,228 Miles

Noteable Upgrades:

- Cam Belt and Water pump replacement £300
- New Tyres: Toyo R888R (Lots of life left) £400
- New Suspension: Protech Springs and Adjustable Dampers £400
- New Steering Column plus other improvements £600
- New Coil packs, New HT Cables, Plugs, Injectors, ECU £600
- Corner Weighting and geometry £215
- New Fuel Tank, Swirl Pot and Fuel Pumps (Sytech): £1000
- New Battery
- New carpet lining.

Offers in the region of £8995 considered.

I have spent £6000 on maintenance, upgrades and improvements in the past 2 years. However, I think the time has come to learn to ride motorcycles and get a new experience.

I always use premium fuel, the battery often goes on trickle charger to keep it in good shape. Even in the depths of winter, I make sure to take it for a run at least once a month to keep everything moving.

Folder full of receipts and history from the cars birth showing it has been well maintained. MOT’d on the 27th March 2020 so a year’s MOT to go.

You are probably considering other sevens, such as MK Indy’s etc at the moment. My friend bought a Bike Engined MK Indy before I bought this and frankly that's what made me decide to buy a kit car. If you are interested, here are my observations and why I chose a car engine version with a windscreen:

- An 11,000rpm Bike engine car with no windscreen on a hot summers day is very thrilling, no doubt about it. However, as soon enough you have flies in your teeth, you’ve stalled three times because of the lack of torque and a snappy clutch. You’re getting tinitus in your ears and you’ve long since given up trying to communicate with your passenger with anything other than sign language because you can’t cruise at 60mph at a sensible RPM. Let alone on a motorway. BEC’s are incredible if you live right on amazing driving roads or will be towing the car to a track. Sadly I do not, even with the Mendip Hills nearby, if you have to drive half an hour to get to your good roads, it can get tiring.

- A windscreen is actually a great thing on the road it turns out. Constant buffeting gets tiring after a while and being hit in the face by a pebble kicked up by a lorry makes you fear for your front teeth for the rest of the drive.

- On the road this car is still incredibly exciting. Power to weight is 160hp vs 540kg = 296hp per tonne. On the road, the torque from a car engine means I could initially pull away from my friend with the BEC. On the track, it corners on rails. Sticky tyres, low weight and good suspension means you can out brake, out corner and out accelerate most cars your are likely to encounter. E46 M3, check. Porsche 996 911, check. Sure they’ll pull away on long straights but who cares about boring straights on track days?

- Don’t underestimate the benefits of a lightweight car for reduced wear and tear on expensive consumables like tyres and brake pads. And when they do wear out, I'd much rather be stumping up £100 a corner for new R888R’s on 13” wheels than £180 a corner for the same tyre on a bigger rim which will wear out much quicker on a 1000kg+ car.

Bad Points:
- Up close small areas of the body work have chipped or are scuffed. On the whole body work looks good though, a cracking shade of blue which really shimmers in the sun.
- Indicator lights are flashing faster than standard (see MOT). I barely use them so never bothered me. This has been on ongoing problem but clearly has no effect on performance.
- Rev Counter seems to have become a bit temperamental this last winter, but once your ear is tuned in, again I never use the rev counter. I’m focussed much more on the road ahead!
- Since new tank was recently installed, I can’t confidently say that the fuel guage is reading accurately. This will need to be monitored.

Given the current Covid-19 situation, I’m happy to share short videos with prospective buyers, walk around’s, cold starts, etc. You can come and view it or if you want to buy and organise a truck to pick it up, I can happily accommodate that too.

This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire a great road going example of this car ready to enjoy straight away once the Covid Lockdown has eased up and Summer is in full swing. Everyone will want to make the most of it! I know how rare good road going examples of these are and there’s rarely more than 1 or 2 for sale at any one time in the UK. Obviously the car won’t leave me before the money has cleared in my bank account.

n.b I'm struggling to upload pictures but will get them up shortly.

For now use this to view pictures: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1218308

[Edited on 4/4/20 by Stuart15]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.