Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is welding gas considered 'essential travel'?
sdh2903

posted on 13/4/20 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Problem is the big asda is right next door to a massive 'rough around the edges housing estate (and before anyone calls me a snob im not, I grew up in one).

Its getting better admittedly as people are getting used to the systems in place. But not perfect due to the behaviour of the minority.

Schrodinger

posted on 13/4/20 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
We had the three supermarkets in Aviemore empty of essential items at the beginning of this with no loo rolls for three weeks I then found out that bus loads of trippers had travelled up from Edinburough and Perth when they heard that there was still stock up here. Thank god that it's back to normal supplies now.

Keith
Aviemore

posted on 13/4/20 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit, I've found my local Tesco close to perfect.

I go during the elderly hour as I'm 64. The queue is usually half way round the car park but with everyone 2m apart it not as bad as it looks.
Its supervised well by polite staff and people are let in in 3's as 3 come out of the other doors.

As I'm a welder by trade I have always had masks in the workshop so I wear one to shop.
Felt strange the first week as I was the only one, but now around one in ten are wearing them.

About the only thing that doesn't work is the aisle direction arrows. People are looking at the shelves not the floor.

On the days there's no elderly hour there's a NHS hour, so full marks Tesco.

Paul G

PS
As a welder, a gas bottle is essential travel.

[Edited on 13/4/20 by 907]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.