Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford 2.9L cologne gearbox options
BaileyPerformance

posted on 23/4/20 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Ford 2.9L cologne gearbox options

Hello!

Looking for some help please, i'm building a 2WD Sierra sapphire with a turbocharged 2.9L 12v v6, around 400hp.

The obvious gearbox would be a MT75 out of a manual Granny V6, anyone go one?

If no, any suggestions?

Cheers, Dale

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
obfripper

posted on 23/4/20 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Custom mt75 is probably easiest and cheapest option, v6 4x4 front casing, i4 rear casing and match up the appropriate parts, original granada mk3 ones are hens teeth (base model v6 or ex police only) and i don't think the v6 scorpio had a manual option at all.

Other options wth a conversion plate include a getrag 265 from a bmw/jaguar, a zf from a bmw, an aisin w58 from a supra/lexus (might be marginal on torque), a v160 from a supra, there's loads of options there but matching everything up will take some doing unless you can find someone who's been there before.

A t5 is an option and there are bellhousings available for your setup. They are expensive and a bit agricultural, but you're not going to break it, and all the parts to fit it already exist.

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.