Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone near Bournemouth / identify the car
terrorfactor

posted on 7/7/20 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone near Bournemouth / identify the car

Hi all,

In a bit of an impulse, I bid on a kit car on eBay. I couldn't reach the seller in time to answer my questions, so made a blind offer. Of course I won.
The seller gave me to the weekend to pick the car up, not that easy if you're in Belgium and have a job. I'm trying to work something out, but I'm posting here as a backup plan.

The car is SORN and has no MOT (used as a track car the last few years).

Soooo, very cheeky question: does someone near Bournemouth have the room to store the car for a few weeks, or is travelling to the continent with an empty trailer or knows a good transportation company that could arrange pick up in a very short time?

I'm trying my best, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off in that timeframe....
It's a fisher fury according to the ad, although it is registered as a phoenix. I don't know them well enough and hadn't had time to look into it, but they should both be fine for my needs.

The car in question:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/eJtF9M5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium[/img]

[Edited on 7/7/20 by terrorfactor]

wonderfulweasel

posted on 7/7/20 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Try Shipley.com
You should be able to get a transportation quote from someone on there.

adithorp

posted on 7/7/20 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a Fury but pretty modified one so hard to be sure. Could be a Pheonix as some early ones had a very Fury-like rear. The real giveaway is whether the front suspension rocker arms go over or under the top chassis rail. Over is Fury and under Phoenix/StrikerClubman

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

terrorfactor

posted on 7/7/20 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Looks like a Fury but pretty modified one so hard to be sure. Could be a Pheonix as some early ones had a very Fury-like rear. The real giveaway is whether the front suspension rocker arms go over or under the top chassis rail. Over is Fury and under Phoenix/StrikerClubman
your wish is my command!

adithorp

posted on 7/7/20 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
It's not a Fury and I think technically it's not a Phoenix either. They both have inboard shocks/springs.
I think thats a Striker Mk4 (clubman) that per-dated them, though I'm not completely familiar with the order of Jeremy Phillips models.

terrorfactor

posted on 7/7/20 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, interesting. I've asked the same question in the jpsc forum, maybe someone there knows.

Edit: found this post: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=30&t=701733

So a mark IV Striker = Phoenix
Based on the age, registration of the car and no windscreen, it looks like it will be a Phoenix.

[Edited on 7/7/20 by terrorfactor]

adithorp

posted on 8/7/20 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Not quite that simple. I'm not fully versed in them but to the best of my knowledge...

The Phoenix is a full body car built on the same chassis as a Stiker. There were AIUI, 4 versions of Striker (I think). One (mk3 I think) had outboard suspension (as your car has) and the first full bodied car was the Striker Clubman. This I think was the MK4 and had a rear similar to the Fury (flat) and later developed into the Phoenix but with a rounded boat tail. To add confusion into that, yours could have had a body change using Fury panels or even be a mix of Fury/Phoenix panels (making it a Furenix?)

I'm not helping am I?

terrorfactor

posted on 8/7/20 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Not quite that simple. I'm not fully versed in them but to the best of my knowledge...

The Phoenix is a full body car built on the same chassis as a Stiker. There were AIUI, 4 versions of Striker (I think). One (mk3 I think) had outboard suspension (as your car has) and the first full bodied car was the Striker Clubman. This I think was the MK4 and had a rear similar to the Fury (flat) and later developed into the Phoenix but with a rounded boat tail. To add confusion into that, yours could have had a body change using Fury panels or even be a mix of Fury/Phoenix panels (making it a Furenix?)

I'm not helping am I?
haha, not really!

It looks like it'll get worked out. A transporter on pistonheads contacted me. This couldn't go though as his scheduling didn't work for the seller, but he referred me to a colleague that can help me out. They both seem to have a good reputation, so I'm fairly confident it'll be okay.
I'm getting a bit anxious now, this thing has so much potential!

I am really considering buying a trailer or a van myself, there are too many cool cars in the UK and I can't help myself.
I'll keep you guys informed! ETA is next week on Friday.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.