Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Totally trivial whinge
David Jenkins

posted on 28/1/21 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Totally trivial whinge

Does anyone else's wife have a particularly annoying habit that really gets you wound up?

As an example, my wife won't bother to say much to me most of the time, but the instant I put my headphones on she immediately feels the need to have a long and involved conversation with me. She can see that I've got the headphones on, but she still keeps talking and gets annoyed when I don't pay any attention.

The same happens when I open a book and settle in for a good read. She then gets irate because I'm not listening to whatever she's prattling on about (I really do get deeply involved when reading!).

When I haven't got the headphones on, or I'm not reading, she's got nothing she considers important enough to discuss with me...

Not that the lockdown is getting to us... no, no, no, not at all...

theconrodkid

posted on 28/1/21 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
mine used to get the hoover out if i dared want to watch F1 (when it was worth watching) on the telly, she had the rest of the week to do that but it had to be sunday afternoons.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

David Jenkins

posted on 28/1/21 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I should add that I do love her, but she does these things that really wind me up... but, after all, we have been married since 1973 so maybe this isn't a major problem!

I am also absolutely certain that I do things that massively annoy her as well!

[Edited on 28/1/21 by David Jenkins]

joneh

posted on 28/1/21 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
My wife keeps leaving the toilet seat down.
Mr Whippy

posted on 28/1/21 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well one thing you can be sure of - it is your fault not hers

Joking aside. Lockdown has been very hard on marriages and breakups in the last year have sky rocketed. So she may be feeling down and lonely. I've deliberately spent more time with my wife than ever and we always make time to sit down and watch a series on tv together every evening (been watching Lost), going as a family to parks and walks, going for a meal when permitted (without the kids). Plus she regularly has mums nights on video chat with her friends while they natter over a beer their trash tv shows I refuse to watch.

As my dad's always said. If there's issues don't ignore them and never take marriage for granted. These may just be the early warning signs. I say this after two of our close friends have both ended their marriages and both said the same thing, that they'd stopped communicating with their partners. Kinda sad really.

[Edited on 28/1/21 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 28/1/21 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
David

I know what you mean! mine says the most ridiculous stuff, it isnt even funny any more

two days ago, I had to take a Paracetomol, and she asks why ? and i say ive got a headache, and she says were ?
apparently the answer is not, in my f ing left foot !! well thats what i said !

It actually caused an argument, about were a headache in your HEAD means,

So i pretended to take another Paracetomol, and said ive taken another, because my headache is much worse now, and its down to you,

Ive got hundreds of stories, of some of the shyte she has said over the years, yet i get the blame !!

I will try and find the dustbin one, its one of my all time favorites

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

SteveWalker

posted on 28/1/21 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
My wife's foibles are all about timing:

I stay up later than I should, finally decide that I am too tired and really must get to bed, plus having hung on longer than I should, I'm bursting for the toilet - and that's when she says, "Would you put the washing in the dryer and put another wash on?"

Or, I sit down (I have badly arthritic knees and getting up and down is painful) and a fraction of a second later, she says, "Would you put the light off?" or "Would you get me a drink?" She doesn't just do it herself, because her joints are even worse!

Almost every time I go shopping she phones me for something else that she has forgotten - just as the shopping is going through the till or even as I am walking out of the shop.

She's also completely last minutes (or just downright late) whenever she is going anywhere - usually leaving me with the stress of getting us there, through traffic, against the clock.

watsonpj

posted on 28/1/21 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
You guys all need to Man Up !!! And stand up for yourself

I've never had to do this as I dont have any of these problems as I have always been wrong in all my married years

02GF74

posted on 28/1/21 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
I know many of you may not be religious but reading the bible may solve all the problems.

I refer you to genesis.
quote:

So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.
And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.

And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and tried to rest on the seventh day from all his work that he had done but woman talketh unceasingly and so God created shed.

And God saw that it was good.

David Jenkins

posted on 28/1/21 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
I started reading that and thought "good grief, we have a religious zealot on the forum"... then I read the punchline!

Brilliant...

David Jenkins

posted on 28/1/21 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote

I put this on another forum, and all the women said "hell yes!".

steve m

posted on 28/1/21 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
YES !

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

steve m

posted on 28/1/21 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
My M8 and i for many many years have decided, that Females, are wired up wrong at birth,
there positives and negatives are reversed, its a well known fact,

David Jenkins

posted on 28/1/21 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
My M8 and i for many many years have decided, that Females, are wired up wrong at birth,
there positives and negatives are reversed, its a well known fact,

Strangely, women say the same about men!

steve m

posted on 28/1/21 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
"Strangely, women say the same about men! "

How many Women know how to connect car jump leads ??

ive never met on yet who could

HowardB

posted on 28/1/21 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not swapping mine - she gets that I like to jump out of planes, she understands that I need more than 3 cars and that a house is only really good when it has 3 garages and a man cave!

Occasionally I let her down,....

but then I find the pump and all is good again

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

David Jenkins

posted on 28/1/21 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"Strangely, women say the same about men! "

How many Women know how to connect car jump leads ??

ive never met on yet who could

I used to have a single-mum neighbour - one day she rang the doorbell and asked if she could borrow my jump leads. Ten minutes later she came back and said "that's got it going". So some can do it...

starterman

posted on 28/1/21 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Does anyone else's wife have a particularly annoying habit that really gets you wound up?

As an example, my wife won't bother to say much to me most of the time, but the instant I put my headphones on she immediately feels the need to have a long and involved conversation with me. She can see that I've got the headphones on, but she still keeps talking and gets annoyed when I don't pay any attention.

The same happens when I open a book and settle in for a good read. She then gets irate because I'm not listening to whatever she's prattling on about (I really do get deeply involved when reading!).

When I haven't got the headphones on, or I'm not reading, she's got nothing she considers important enough to discuss with me...

Not that the lockdown is getting to us... no, no, no, not at all...

Are we married to the same woman?

snapper

posted on 28/1/21 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I’m single again..............

It’s going really well

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

David Jenkins

posted on 29/1/21 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
After being married for 48 years I'm not sure I could cope with being single!

JimSpencer

posted on 29/1/21 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
The answer to this is a really Good workshop.. nice heater, tv with dvd, beer fridge..
Sometimes I do actually do some work on cars in mine...

ttalps2000

posted on 29/1/21 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
having recently separated from the wife (her choice!) I cant say I miss the moaning and not knowing what your coming home too!

I can now spend as much as i like on the car without having to negotiate or ask permission! Highly recommended!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 29/1/21 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Big bugbear of mine is asking questions whilst watching a film.... I'm the sort of person who likes to settle down, drink and nibbles to hand, and enjoy a movie. Wife decided within 10mins if she likes the look of it, and if not, will play on her phone/tablet (occasionally asking questions about the film shoes not watching).

Having said that, she's also the sort of person that will get underneath my Defender in the workshop on Christmas Eve eve and held fit bolts because my ham fists won't fit in the gaps properly. And can identify most car parts. And is learning to sail (not to mention allowing me to have multiple man-toys).

Swings and roundabouts, really! If you had told me last March that we'd be stuck together in the house working almost 24/7, I'd have thought there's be a new patio being laid with a bump in the middle, but just so happens we're doing OK!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

steve m

posted on 29/1/21 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
For the faults my wife has, (i have a couple )

Shes a pretty good cook, keeps the house clean and tidy, shes a good Mum, and Nanny,

and as long as the bills are all paid, and we dont owe any money, and we dont! i am allowed to buy what ever i want hence a few RC planes have appeared in the garage, and she is fine

Also, since March 18 last year when i last worked, both of us have had down periods, but both of us are sensible enough to know, that when some one needs space, leave them alone, !!

We havent argued in years, well theres no point, as she has to have the last word, so i always say at the end, "and you have to say the last words"
and she says "no i dont" hahahaha

i zip my lips up, and go mute for the rest of the day, and it drives her nutty

steve

craig1410

posted on 29/1/21 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
When it comes to movie watching, the one that always gets me is where she chooses some movie or other and it's probably not what I would have chosen but it's not terrible. Then we watch it for 75 mins at which point she decides to go to bed with maybe 25 mins of the movie remaining! I watch the end because...why wouldn't you, and I let the dogs out, put the cats through in the utility room, lock up, tidy the kitchen and finally get to my bed about an hour later by which time she's fast asleep. Then in the morning I get grief because I lie in my bed for an extra hour!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.