Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75 output flange
TL

posted on 19/2/05 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
MT75 output flange

I need to get a prop made to connect my MT75 to a live axle, so I will not be using the rubber donut.
I know I could use the Transit MT75 flange, but is there any other option? my reasoning is that the 3 bolts on the donut setup can obviously handle the torque, so can't I just turn up an adaptor with 3 holes to suit the MT75 "spider" and 4 holes to fit a UJ? Am I missing the point somewhere?
Alternatively, does anyone have a Transit flange for sale?

Cheers,

Terry

zetec

posted on 20/2/05 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
The prop I had made did away with the donut and bolted an adaptor to the three "fingers" of the output casting, with as you suggest 4 holes for a normal prop u/j. Works just fine.
richyb

posted on 20/2/05 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
me too - just got rid of the whole donut and flange and bolted direct to the box output.

if you want the donut / flange, i have 2 complete as spares for free !!

shaywez

posted on 20/2/05 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
prop

I agree with the above 2 posts, do away with the donut and bolt straight to the box output
Liam

posted on 20/2/05 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I was wondering about this...

How do you ensure perfect concentricity, what with there being no register on the three pronged output? I mean wont there be some clearance in the holes of your adaptor and therefore a possibility of bolting it on out of concentric?

Guess it works OK for people though...

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TL

posted on 20/2/05 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys,

That's encouraging news.

Liam, the "3 fingered spider / flange thingy" (as I believe is its correct description!!) appears to have a spigot sticking out the back. I guess the spigot normally locates in the centre of the donut. For our "non donut" setup, the home made adaptor would have a hole in its centre, to accept the gearbox spigot, thus providing concentricity.

Cheers,

Terry

Liam

posted on 20/2/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah!

Awesome

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.